Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Was I Right or Wrong?

fourspeednup
    I was walking across the street about 2 hours ago and got hit by a 20 yr old dude who wasn't paying attention and talking on the cell phone. He was making a left turn and trying to beat the oncoming traffic. Nothing broke in me (thank god...wearing a plastic bag at the sandbar would be pretty lame) but I did a number on my ankle and got scraped up pretty good and smacked my shoulder on the ground. I got up and dragged my ass at least 100 ft and over to his window, opened the door and somehow pulled him out. I took him down to the ground, but couln't really do anything since 3 other people were already pulling me off.
    A cop was just around the corner but didn't see it. After doing the paperwork and assuring me that the other guy was in the wrong, he tells me that I could be in trouble since I "provoked him" after the accident. Now this dude didn't even get out of his car after he hit me and everyone was screaming for him to stop and all that. He saw me, we made eye contact as I went onto the hood, then stopped as I went over the driver side--there are skid marks on the street--then he kept on going 100 ft down the road.
    I didn't even fight the guy but since I forcefully removed him from the car I'm probably ****ed
    I'm not really interested in suing this jackass, but what do y'all think about this?
    Two reasons I'm lucky...
    1.The guy was driving an eclipse=nice low hood line+sloped windshield
    2.I ran out of clean boxers so I wore boardshorts under my pants today, saved my ass(literally)

twistedpair
    You detain someone who was attempting a Hit and Run, and YOU'RE?!? in trouble!?!:frown:
    I think officer friendly has his head up his ASS! Get a lawyer and sue the little Dips&*# before he sues you.
    Glad you're relatively ok.

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by twistedpair
    You detain someone who was attempting a Hit and Run, and YOU'RE?!? in trouble!?!:frown:
    I think officer friendly has his head up his ASS! Get a lawyer and sue the little Dips&*# before he sues you.
    Glad you're relatively ok.
    Agreed, but under the law I think if you do something to someone (touch them, grab them, push them) it can be considered assault. Now there are mitigating circumstances...
    BIG TIME!!!!!
    I think you will be fine. But I agree, hire an attorney.

j-rod
    Glad your not hurt and I'm sure everything will work out !

CA Stu
    The guy's an asshole.
    You are lucky.
    Chalk it up to experience, like a man, and get on with your life.
    If you go the (pussy) lawyer route, only the lawyers will be enrichened. Everyone else will be empoorened. ( )
    My 2 cents
    CA Stu

fourspeednup
    I've been through the lawyer shit and I don't want to do it again just to get a few bucks I probably won't see for another 10 years...these guys on the news that get huge multimillion $$$ settlements just give it all to the lawyers and the rest is taxed. Not worth pursuing it if you ask me. If he comes after me that's a different story

THATJEFFGUY
    Just wait a couple weeks, go get a copy of the police report, showing his address...then go handle it "Sopranos style" !

Kilrtoy
    he tells me that I could be in trouble since I "provoked him" after the accident
    This is what the cop said
    I think officer friendly has his head up his ASS
    And it means this ,
    Im confused
    it sounds like he was just making a civil statement,
    The cop never took a report on him grabbing the guy......

phebus
    The way things are nowadays, the guy will probably sue you for denting his hood. Bastards!!

HOSS
    Kick his ****in` ass.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast