Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Was I Right or Wrong?

NorCal Gameshow
    Originally posted by RJ Nordic
    Be proactive!:idea:
    Get with an attorney, get a copy of the police report. I hope you got names and numbers of the witnesses. Take photos of the "crime scene", especially the tire marks.
    The best defense is a good offense.
    The Boy Scouts are right, BE PREPARED.
    A good attorney can advise you on how to position yourself. Get checked out NOW by a physician, unless you are a doctor. Two weeks from now when your ankle is still bothering you, won't be the time to have it looked at.
    just my nickle Hope you feel better after the weekend.
    what he said...C.Y.A...

fourspeednup
    Originally posted by NorCal Gameshow
    what he said...C.Y.A...
    What's CYA stand for?

NorCal Gameshow
    Originally posted by fourspeednup
    What's CYA stand for?
    if i gotta explain...
    Cover Your A$$$

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by NorCal Gameshow
    what he said...C.Y.A...
    Yep, best defense is a good offense and all that crap...

Froggystyle
    You can sue without a lawyer... people forget that. No money goes into anyones pockets except your own. His insurance will settle once the suit is on the desk. Period. If it goes further, you can get a lawyer.
    I hate lawyers, and I hate lawsuits, but I would sue the guy in this case. He hit you, get your shit paid for. And don't sue for millions, sue for a couple of thousand. Pain and suffering (you are in pain and suffering) your medical bills (you absolutely have to get your ankle looked at) and for your trashed clothes. Lesson learned on his part. His parents will probably settle out of court in this case.
    The suits are terrible when people get greedy and ask for compensation beyond their injuries. How stoked would you be if you just ran some guy down in an intersection, and he sued you, without bringing a lawyer into it $1500? I'd write him a check right then...

fourspeednup
    Originally posted by Froggystyle
    You can sue without a lawyer... people forget that. No money goes into anyones pockets except your own. His insurance will settle once the suit is on the desk. Period. If it goes further, you can get a lawyer.
    I hate lawyers, and I hate lawsuits, but I would sue the guy in this case. He hit you, get your shit paid for. And don't sue for millions, sue for a couple of thousand. Pain and suffering (you are in pain and suffering) your medical bills (you absolutely have to get your ankle looked at) and for your trashed clothes. Lesson learned on his part. His parents will probably settle out of court in this case.
    The suits are terrible when people get greedy and ask for compensation beyond their injuries. How stoked would you be if you just ran some guy down in an intersection, and he sued you, without bringing a lawyer into it $1500? I'd write him a check right then...
    I'm not looking to get anything major out of the guy. I may approach him on my own (ASU campus is not THAT big...I'll probably see him again). If I can get a new pair of dickies and next month's rent paid for I'll be a happy camper. But that "Panty Dropper" shirt I had is priceless.

honkey1
    Originally posted by Froggystyle
    Good post froggy I just think the standard answer when an accident happens is to sue. The kid made a stupid mistake and was probably scared shitless I agree that he should have to pay medical bills and so on but, to hire a lawer and try to get rich off the deal is wrong. Hopefully the kid learned a lesson and will be more carefull it the future.
    Bye the way fourspeed I'm glad to hear your okay.

NorCal Gameshow
    the next few days will tell how sore your gonna be....hopefully not at all ...but when you tighten up, you'll know

fourspeednup
    Thanks for the concern everyone...I'm fine but it sucks to be hurt and know there was nothing I could have done. I've eaten shit plenty of times on my dirtbike and previously on my BMX but it was entirely my fault. I'll be sure to keep y'all posted on whatever comes next
    --Signing off from Tempe,
    Zack(aka fourspeednup)

Jungle Boy
    I'm with Hoss. From a outsider (Canatard), Americans are sue happy and kicking his ass would give a lot more pleasure. The police report will have an address of this guy. Wait a good long time and beat him down a bit, in the night with no witnesses. Make sure you have somebody that will say that you were at home watching TV all night. That or you could light a bag of dogshit in his mail box and burn his house down.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast