Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Was I Right or Wrong?

Dribble
    I think you should apologize to the guy for getting in his way while he was merely attempting to go somewhere. Then you had the audacity to try and detain him. What were you thinking?
    You're lucky you weren't arrested and thrown in jail. What you should do now is have your attorney contact his attorney and attempt to settle out of court.
    You can probably get out of this for less than $100,000.00 and pay for the damage you did to his car with your head.

91nordic29
    Originally posted by fourspeednup
    2.I ran out of clean boxers so I wore boardshorts under my pants today, saved my ass(literally)
    holy ccrraapp!!!
    i am so glad that you are okay. that statement just plain struck me as funny!

JetBoatRich
    Originally posted by Drunk tank
    I would of stabbed the ****er in the neck with a fork and ****ed his girlfriend in the ass!
    I have anger issues

Anger issues for sure

MudPumper
    ****in Jaywalkers!!!! J/K

91nordic29
    there should be a legal aid office on campus where you can at least have a free consult.

Scream
    Originally posted by fourspeednup
    I've been through the lawyer shit and I don't want to do it again just to get a few bucks I probably won't see for another 10 years...these guys on the news that get huge multimillion $$$ settlements just give it all to the lawyers and the rest is taxed. Not worth pursuing it if you ask me. If he comes after me that's a different story
    Maybe I'm wrong, but i believe that a jury award is tax free. But 4speed is right, the blood sucking lawyers (moneypit) will eat up ALL of that money before you ever see it...Make a claim with yours or his insurance soon to get the medical side rolling. You'll need ankle help I'm sure...

Havasu Cig
    I would at least consult an attorney to make sure you don't get screwed as having your medical expenses paid. I used to have some anger issues, some say I still do, but it has caused me some problems in the past.
    You injury should be worth about 5-7 times what your medical expenses are. If this is not a large amount his insurance company should just write you a check.
    We were involved in an accident in Earp Arizona about 5 years ago, and my other 1/2 screwed he back up pretty good. She went to the doctor one time, and then did not want to bother with it. Well, we were paid $700. by the insurance company because the doctor bill was only $100.
    % years later she is still having problems with her back, and goes to the Chiropractor one a month to take care of the pain. We are paying out of our pockets for this. I wish we would have pursued it more at the time so she would have been covered for future treatment.
    If you talk to a good attorney he should let you know where you stand. That does not mean you have to sue.

Havasu Cig
    BTW: You had every right to use whatever force was needed to detain this person. You did not do anything wrong. If you would have pulled him from the car and beat the $hit out of him, and he was not trying to fight back that would be a different story.

Havasu Cig
    Originally posted by Scream
    Maybe I'm wrong, but i believe that a jury award is tax free. But 4speed is right, the blood sucking lawyers (moneypit) will eat up ALL of that money before you ever see it...Make a claim with yours or his insurance soon to get the medical side rolling. You'll need ankle help I'm sure...
    Jury awards are no longer tax free. The law was changed in about 95-96.

fourspeednup
    Originally posted by 91nordic29
    holy ccrraapp!!!
    i am so glad that you are okay. that statement just plain struck me as funny!
    These forums get a little exciting at times!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast