Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hey Ducky

Tom Brown
    Originally posted by 572Daytona
    So how did HB actually get ***boat.com did they buy it or did they have to go to court to get it?
    They photochopped them until they gave in.
    Originally posted by 572Daytona
    Arpanet actually connected many major universities and government facilites together. I used to access it at University of Illinois via a DEC VAX VMS system. No graphics back then but there was an alt.rec.boats newsgroup on usenet for boating discussions
    Back before news net, the only protocol we had access to at our University was "relay". At the time, it seemed pretty cool to be able to text chat on a DecWriter II with an aussie nerd. It was a waste of human life, though.
    We had tons of VMS systems at the U of R.
    I remember nntp:rec.boats. I got on it early too. It's still around.
    I used to hang out there in the early 90s. It was a gong show that was lead by Ralf Hutter.
    Back then, if you told the folks on the rec you wanted to put a 150 outboard on a hull rated for 125, it would start a flame war that always ended with Skipper and Lloyd Sumpter going at it about their pedigrees.
    Around the time I bought my first boat, I stumbled across a web site that had a bunch of folks who were pretty sharp on outboards and not afraid to run big power. They were quick to help people and welcomed new members. I wonder what ever came of that site.

572Daytona
    Originally posted by Tom Brown
    They photochopped them until they gave in.
    hmm...just what is this photochopping thing that you speak of? It sounds like fun
    I remember nntp:red.boats. I got on it early too. It's still around.
    You are right it is just rec.boat no alt, most of the other groups that I subscribe to are in the alt hierarchy (go figure). I still pull the headers but it has turned into rec.useless.political.diatribes nowadays
    The VMS systems were ok for mail and news and an occasional game of rogue but a little too underpowered. I prefered the mainframe systems as that was where all of the good multiplayer games were.

DUCKY
    Hey Ducky, how are you making out with the boat? Thanks for the shop tour when I was there.
    Which boat, mine or the first one?
    My boat (hull only, no deck)is in the garage, upside down. I finished roughing in the bottom mods today, and am planning on getting them wrapped in 'glass tomorrow, if I don't go dirt-bike riding. As soon as the bottom mods are finshed (next couple weeks, or so) I will build the deck, and get the two tabbed together and capped.
    The first boat is together and running. We had it in the shop last week removing the insert (natural setback) from the center pod, and adding strakes to gain some tail lift. It will be in the water for more testing very soon.
    As far as the shop tour, you're welcome, and stop by anytime, eh....
    Sorry for the weak Canadian joke......

DUCKY
    Originally posted by ScreamandFly
    Still eating your cookie crumbles Ducky?
    Stop munching fatty, and post some pics of that POS
    I'm guessing you went with Pink for the gel???
    MMMMM, Pecan Sandies, my favorite!
    And yep, my boat will be bright pussy pink, how did you guess?
    You must know me.... Have me met? I like to put a face with the name if you know what I mean.......

You Te
    Mr. Scream and Fly, please do not use the word Riot, I have a copyright on that name.
    You Te

sorry dog
    ...and just to yet yall know. At some point in this thread somebody is probably going to want to say **** You. However, if you do that, you must send me 25 cents royalty as I have trademarked the phrase **** You.
    Thank you and have a nice ****ing day.

Tom Brown
    Great idea, Dog. I'm working on trademarking the word "ban". It may be the best business move I've ever made.

You Te
    Down again Tom.
    You Te

Tom Brown
    I would talk to my ISP about it but there is a 90 minute cue on their support line. We probably aren't the only ones down.
    Yeah, that's three times in three days. I'm going to talk to my rep about it and see what gives. I don't have too many options but there is one other ISP to consider.
    These guys have been pretty good and they're OK to deal with. The other ISP that services this area is not so good but they're not terrible.
    Sorry, UT.
    I'm at work now but it will come back on it's own when the network feed returns to operation.

DUCKY
    Hmmm, I wonder where Mr. ScreamandFly is. I wonder if he got banned (oops, sorry Tom) I mean booted.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast