Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reg In Az

ZSARGO
    I'M PURCHASING A BOAT FROM A PRIVATE PARTY IN CALIFORNIA. UNCLE SAM ALREADY TAKES ENOUGH OF MY HARD EARNED MONEY, SO I AM GOING TO REGISTER THE BOAT AND TRAILER IN AZ. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT THIS. I THINK I NEED TO GO THROUGH THE GAMING AND FISHING DEPARTMENT? ANYONE HAVE THE CONTACT NUMBER. WILL I HAVE TO PAY ANY SALES TAX AT ALL?
    THANKS
    YOURS TRULY
    CHEAP BASTARD

boxscore
    No assistance 'til you tell us what you bought.

Three Days Only
    Contact Libby at
    The Department of Fish and Game
    2221 West Greenway Road
    Phoenix, AZ. 85023-4399
    602-942-3000

Jordy
    From what I've come to understand, you're not going to want to register your trailer in Arizona if you ever plan on pulling it in california with a california registered truck cause that's a big no no.

mbrown2
    Register the Trailer in California since you make your residence there and register the boat in AZ.
    Go here to learn about how to register the boat
    AZ Fish and Game (http://www.gf.state.az.us/outdoor_re...n/boating.html)

PerfectionDtail
    I recently sold my last boat to a Cali resident(I am in AZ). If you are financing the boat, you will need an AZ address to bypass the CA system. My buyer registered the trailer in CA and boat stayed registered in AZ using an AZ address to bypass tax.
    The AZ G&F does not give titles to boat like CA. They issue a watercraft certificate, but the trailer gets a title.

CARGUY
    I just purchased a new boat in CA and registered it in AZ. Go through the Kingman Fish and Game office, you will get it done quicker. If the boat is financed there is a form the lender fills out and sends it to the Arizona Secretary of State to record the lien,
    since AZ has no titles on boats. You will have to register the trailer in CA, but you don't need an AZ address to register boat.
    Good luck!!!

PerfectionDtail
    You will have to register the trailer in CA, but you don't need an AZ address to register boat.
    Good luck!!! [/B][/QUOTE]
    That's what I first thought, but it depends on the lender. Some are easier than others. If you have to finance, go with a National company, for local CU's are harder to get it done this way.

Dave C
    Cali's boat & trailer registration is not that much (YET)
    Its the Cali sales tax that gonna get you. 8.25%+
    I am gonna do the opposite. Buy in Phoenix and register in Cali. I am going to look into this too. I think we pay transfer fees coming back into Cali but I am sure I can low-ball the assesed value.
    Be careful about the CA reg on your trailer. Right now they don't care too much but when they are strapped for cash they will be looking for revenue sources like yours.

boater
    your right california fees aren't that much but the unsecured property tax bill will kill you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast