Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: set up for an f29

Bear 54
    does anyone have any info and numbers on the new dcb f29 with 2, 525's with xr drives?? Also how reliable is it??? thanks

Reaper1
    Bear 54 - I think many on this board would attest that the F29 is very much at home with stock, mild and wild power. If I remember correctly an F29 with 575's ran 130mph. Also I heard someone say that one ran around 110 with 496ho's. That is a very impressive number with the mentioned power.
    With 525's I would guesstimate around 120mph. XR drives should hold up fine. I know others on here that are throwing a lot more at XR's and they are surviving.
    Hope this helps.

jm2drvr
    I would agree also that it should see 120+mph. I am pretty sure Dave is building one right now with that same setup, and I think it will be done around late March to early April

Havasu Cig
    525's and XR's should be very reliable. My 500 EFI's with XR's have been almost bulletproof.
    From what I have heard, the 525's dyno at about the same Hp #'s as the 575. One of the guys on OSO posted a dyno number of 555 hp on a 525 that he dynoed.
    There are guys running 525's that are running neck & neck with other identical boats running 575's.

mbrown2
    Originally posted by Havasu Cig
    525's and XR's should be very reliable. My 500 EFI's with XR's have been almost bulletproof.
    From what I have heard, the 525's dyno at about the same Hp #'s as the 575. One of the guys on OSO posted a dyno number of 555 hp on a 525 that he dynoed.
    There are guys running 525's that are running neck & neck with other identical boats running 575's.
    Damn, I heard something like that...where the 525's were rated conservately...555 is a good number...specifically to be able to have it as fire and forget setup...

Havasu Cig
    I have heard that Merc underates some of their motors, and it seems to be true with the 525.
    OuterLimits claims 100 mph with their new 39' with 525's. Very fast for a big V. The 39' Skater V was running well over 100 mph with 525's when Scott from DSM went for a ride.
    The 525 seems like a good setup. If you can get the additional 4 years of warranty like I have on my 500's and XR's it would be an almost ideal setup IMO.

roln 20s
    I have heard that Merc underates some of their motors, and it seems to be true with the 525.
    I've heard the same thing, but heard the Merc 525 is under rated the most just so that they still have a market for the more expensive 575SCi.
    HavasuCig- I'm almost sure you can get up to a 5 year warranty on the 525s.
    Roln 20s

nybadboy
    what about a single 1000 on the f29? any info on that

Havasu Cig
    do a search on this forum. There is one with 1200hp and a #6 that has been talked about. I have seen it in Havasu a couple of times.
    I would go with twins though.

Reaper1
    Originally posted by Havasu Cig
    do a search on this forum. There is one with 1200hp and a #6 that has been talked about. I have seen it in Havasu a couple of times.
    I would go with twins though.
    Twins Bazzel.............Twins! :wink:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast