Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kuhl vs The Blower Shop

DogHouse
    My buddy is buying a standard 8-71 to use with pump gas and seems to be interested in one of those two brands. Anybody know of some reason that one may be better than the other?
    Thanks,
    -brian

Blown 472
    Not having heard of the blower shop, The reasons I bought both my blower set ups from Kuhls is I saw their stuff at the boat drags all the time, all the fast boats were running them, then when came time to buy they were very friendly and spent a bunch of time with me on the phone.

DogHouse
    Any problem getting the carb adapter to seal in the middle? It was pointed out to me that Kuhl doesn't use any bolts in the center of the case. Seems like potential for problems there. I suppose they could drill & tap the top of the case easily enough for an extra set of holes.

paradigm shift
    No expierance with either but they both have a good reputation. I would say shop for price and service either one would be good quality.
    Just my .02

Ian
    I've never dealt with Kuhl but I can tell you The Blower Shop is great. Marv at TBS does our blower and many of the blowers at the drags (both lake and street).

hulshot
    hey doghause I have a D/C 8-71 ready to bolt on. It is set up for gas. I stepped up to bigger. high polished case and has the bolt holes for the center of the carb adapter. if interested PM me. did I say it would cost half of what a new 8-71 would cost.

Flat Rat
    We bought our 671 from Mike and are happy. At the time he was building motors. He helped us on other ideas that others didn't. As I head Mike is no longer in the shop so it might be not be the same now.

Blown 472
    DogHouse:
    Any problem getting the carb adapter to seal in the middle? It was pointed out to me that Kuhl doesn't use any bolts in the center of the case. Seems like potential for problems there. I suppose they could drill & tap the top of the case easily enough for an extra set of holes. Funny you mention that, I did have that problem, the blower case is drilled and tapped for it, the carb adaptor did not have any holes but there were pilot holes so I just drilled them.

I HAVE A BLOWER SHOP 871 BLOWER AND AM VERY
    HAPPY WITH IT MARV IS THE MAN.

DogHouse
    Thanks everyone for the info. Hulshot, I'll forward your email address to my buddy and see if he's interested in a good used blower. The only thing that makes it difficult is that he needs everything and the full kits are very well priced. The snouts, drive hardware, and manifolds get expensive when purchased separately. To make it worthwhile, the used blower has to be really cheap, less than what it's really worth. Oh well I'll forward your info and you guys can argue about it! wink

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast