Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: in need of a bbc oil pan

76cole
    in need of of a oil pan for a bbc does anyone have a uasd one and pick up theyare looking to sell at a decent price?
    thanks
    76cole

check dragboats.com in the classifieds, PARTS, 2 v- drives in there! Timing cover $82.00, 10gt. pan-$195.00, 12gt pan-$175.00, ask for Dale @ 310-539-5950

76cole
    thanks hud i will give him a call.
    76cole

76cole
    ok got a killer deal on a pan and pick up from big proppa. now all i need to know is whats the difference in the engine plates for a jet engine and a v-drive?
    thanks
    76cole

Fiat48
    You gotta post a picture so we can tell what your original setup was. Probably Trimetric. And if that is the case, then perhaps someone who has their engine out can trace their mounts onto some carboard, send that template to you and you can make your own out of aluminum.
    Even though the mounts were Hemi, don't quite understand why they didn't come with the boat. I think you mentioned rail blocks he kept also. Don't see why. That ought to stay with the boat.

You need to figure out what height your motor needs to be mounted at. Essentially you wan't a straight line from your v-drive outut shaft (top shaft) to your crank shaft, EXCEPT you want to lower or raise your motor 1/4" to 1/2" so your needle bearings on the drive line willl rotate.
    I used string line & a little geometry to figure out my crank height on my old Hondo. I suspended a string which was tied to the center of the v-drive coupler plate & triangulated the string until it was in-line with the v-drive shaft. Measured from the string height to the motor rails, deducted 1/4" & built my motor plates.
    Or call GT boats.
    BTW- motor plates are custom wheather they are in a v-drive or a jet. They are built for the boats needs
    Morg.

BOAT ANCHOR
    Originally posted by Fiat48
    [B]You gotta post a picture so we can tell what your original setup was. Probably Trimetric. And if that is the case, then perhaps someone who has their engine out can trace their mounts onto some carboard, send that template to you and you can make your own out of aluminum.
    Even though the mounts were Hemi, don't quite understand why they didn't come with the boat. I think you mentioned rail blocks he kept also. Don't see why. That ought to stay with the boat. [/
    B]
    Fiat 48:
    I was involved in the sale of the Cole TR1 to 76Cole. The owner of the boat didn't include the 392 Hemi motor "plates" (I would hardly call them plates - Nicson cast aluminum timing cover with feet, and Nicson cast aluminum flywheel cover/mount) because the 392 is going in a 66 Howard restoration project, the owner is currently undertaking and engine mounts are needed for that. As far as "Motor Rail Blocks" go, there weren't any. There were some pieces of 90 deg. aluminum that adapted the cast Nicson mounts to the motor rails, and just stayed with the cast motor mounts. Since Cole76 had plans to install a big block chevy in the boat, none of these items would have worked for him. Hope this clears it up.

Heatseeker
    Hey 76cole, I'm sure you know someone that can machine you a set of blocks, once you get your plates together. Just ask around.

P-Money
    I've got a set of 2" Billet Mounting Block I got from Eddie Marine and never used. Let me know if your interested. $100 a set from Eddie, I'll let them go for $90.

INEEDAV
    76Cole
    If you would like I can draw the ones that are in my boat in AutoCAD, or in bmp jpg or whatever and send it to you. Let me know if you want me to. They are bbc for a flywheel driven setup.
    I can pull them out of the boat and trace them as well let me know.
    Billy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast