For those who like sushi, Havasu now has a real sushi bar.
It's called Havasushi (what else?) It's very good and I wanted to plug it because I hope it does well. I am a sushi lover, and as a local Havasupian, I'm glad we finally got a "real" sushi bar.
(complete with Japanese sushi chef)
I have been there several times now and it has been excellent each time. The owner seems to be very service oriented as well.
For those of you who think you can only get good sushi on the coast, I must say that one of my all time favorite sushi bars is in Phoenix (of all places). This ranks right up there at the top.
The location of Havasushi is just in front of the pool at London Bridge Resort. (Its where Taco Loco used to be). You can park your boat on the Kokomo's side of the channel and walk up, or park in one of the slips in front of Kokomo's, or simply drive your car. It has the same view as Shugrues but on the other side of the channel. Give it a shot next time you're in the mood for sushi while visiting our lovely city. This place will depend heavily on word of mouth because it doesn't have highway frontage.