Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martini Boat/Victory Trim Tabs

C-2
    Hey martini,
    Saw your trim tabs over at OSO. Kick ass idea.
    Give us the skinny on them!

martiniboat
    C2, I'd be more than happy to.
    NEW Victory trim tabs- 'Necessity' is the Mother of Invention.
    To my offshore brethren:
    I'd like to start by saying how great it is to have websites like this in which to share our thoughts and experiences for something we truly love...the sport of offshore powerboating.
    Several years ago I had purchased a 25' Martini Offshore with the Bennett dual ram trim tab system. (12"x 12" plate) It was functional but slow and not very aestetically pleasing. I then looked into upgrading to a K-plane. I was floored by the price and just couldn't justify it on a boat my size. There seemed to be nothing on the market that ‘bridged’ the gap.
    This led me to the drawing board. After two seasons of testing and many hours of research and development I've come up with a simple and stylish solution to those who have the single or dual ram Bennett trim tab system. I call them the 'Victory' line of trim tabs.
    The Victory trim tabs are designed to bolt in place of your existing Bennett trim plates using your original ram and transom mounting holes. I’ve added an additional row of mounting holes for strength because most of us use our boats the way they were intended! They are ruggedly conctructed of TIG welded stainless steel and each one is sand blasted ensuring excellent powdercoat adhesion.
    After the powdercoating is complete the tops of each gusset are polished and sealed revealing the shiny stainless steel beneath. It gives a very striking effect similar to some valve covers we've all seen before.
    The Victory line of trim tabs are longer than the Bennett units and have a larger overall surface area. (size does matter!) The dual-ram version measures 19" overall (same as a 280S K Plane) and the single-ram version measures 15" overall. (installed length) Both taper down to 8" at the tip. They react quicker than the originals using the same ram mount. (it's a physics thing, swinging more tab beyond the fulcrum...) Tests have shown that greatly increased stability and better planing times are the norm. Chinewalking is drastically reduced or eliminated. The Victorys will clear most dual engine installations.
    My goal is to provide excellent marine products at a more reasonable price than we're all used to paying. The Victory trim tabs closely mimic the style and function of a K-plane while utilizing your existing Bennett rams and pump all for a VERY reasonable price. Check them out on e-bay under 'trim tabs'. Thanks for now.
    Sincerely,
    Brian Kamrath
    MARTINIBOAT MARINE DESIGN INC.
    Designer/builder of Victory trim tabs
    martiniboat@wightman.ca

martiniboat
    Installed- shown in white for clarity.

martiniboat
    Closeup shot, showing the detail.

martiniboat
    Can't forget about the Victory single ram version, lots of those out there...

MagicMtnDan
    Those look great and it's a clever idea to use the existing Bennett trim tab hardware. Question for you - is "K-plane" a brand name or is it a different style trim tab than others like this Dana Marine Product (used as an example)?
    http://www.danamarineproducts.com/pa...T-HP1000-1.jpg

C-2
    My neighbor got a pair of the Dana's and they are very nice. They are built great and look smokin'. However, the controls are strictly "by feel", which is hard for the wifey and anybody else driving the boat (designated driver).
    I like the Bennett controls, very easy to see and use.
    But I am curious about the affects of a larger tab on the plastic Bennet rams. Can they handle it? Guess I'll find out, I'm gonna order a set and if they destroy the Bennett system - then it's back to the Dana's.

martiniboat
    MagicMtnDan- The name K-plane refers to the Mercury Racing Kiekaefer trim tab, the grandfather of them all. Those Danas are very nice as well.
    Sidenote- I still get a warm fuzzy feeling over the thread you started awhile ago, I believe it was called, "Can I post these here?" Smokin'!
    C-2 The Bennetts have proven to be quite resilient. I spent two seasons 'torture testing' my prototype and nary a broken ram. Think of my Victory tabs as a mildly modified big block... reliable performance.
    Brian

MagicMtnDan
    Originally posted by martiniboat
    MagicMtnDan- The name K-plane refers to the Mercury Racing Kiekaefer trim tab, the grandfather of them all. Those Danas are very nice as well.
    Thanks for that info.
    Originally posted by martiniboat
    Sidenote- I still get a warm fuzzy feeling over the thread you started awhile ago, I believe it was called, "Can I post these here?" Smokin'!Brian
    It's still around but fading. I got too much flack from a variety of folks so I let it die. You can see the best of the best over at HavasuBarney.com's Web site - go to the Dark Side - that's where the real stuff is at.

BLOWN HOWARD
    The rams on the stock bennets are sooo weak not good for anything but what they put on them. I am using the dana's on my boat they are bad assss

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast