Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Adjusting the plates on a V-bottom cruiser.

dmontzsta
    Is it pretty similar to a flatty?
    My Dad's Eliminator needs some serious adjusting. You can put the plates all the way up and it is still STUCK down in the water. You can only get the bottom to come loose if you have some chop, then it slams right back down.
    With a flatty I have always used 1/8" gap when in the full up position. Do you do the same with a V-bottom?

bigkatboat
    You might want to move the prop forward (get the nose up) and then try to adjust the plates. If the boat is stuck in the water, it doesn't need any plate. Rebalance the boat, and then go to your 1/8" up, and try the boat.

GofastRacer
    Also if you haven't done it already you may want to put a straight edge on the bottom and make sure you don't have a hook in it!..

haulina29
    And eliminate the super bronze full cup three blade . Try a stellings 2 blade you will like it.

dmontzsta
    And eliminate the super bronze full cup three blade . Try a stellings 2 blade you will like it.
    I was telling my Dad a two blade would give him some better top end, which he is looking for. But I have heard these Eliminators dont do too well, with a two blade. He would just be happy to get this thing in the 60s.

haulina29
    The stellings is real forgiving very little tail lift i beleive its a menkins prop now . Most bronze three blades have a ton of tail lift . As gofastracer stated try and get it under the boat as far as possible with out moving the strut . I am not familiar with that hull either but I would still give it a try ! H29

÷קmᮆښ×÷
    hey Don do you need the Jet guys to show you how to move the prop forward like they did in getting your propshaft out of the old boat??? :devil:

dmontzsta
    hey Don do you need the Jet guys to show you how to move the prop forward like they did in getting your propshaft out of the old boat??? :devil:
    hey now, I know how to get a prop shaft out. Just didnt know that old ass coupling split with the bolts like it did, and those bolts really did SPLIT! :rollside: I was also a puss and didnt want to break the coupling, cause I wanted to reuse it, but I ended up putting the one from the B boat in there.
    It would be nice for you jet guys to help me adjust the cav plates though. I dont want to mess with the prop yet, cause the plates really arent getting much movement at all, it is like the lever is useless. I think it is adjusted so far down, that any up isnt even doing a thing.

÷קmᮆښ×÷
    hey now, I know how to get a prop shaft out. Just didnt know that old ass coupling split with the bolts like it did, and those bolts really did SPLIT! :rollside: I was also a puss and didnt want to break the coupling, cause I wanted to reuse it, but I ended up putting the one from the B boat in there.
    It would be nice for you jet guys to help me adjust the cav plates though. I dont want to mess with the prop yet, cause the plates really arent getting much movement at all, it is like the lever is useless. I think it is adjusted so far down, that any up isnt even doing a thing.
    call me and bring it by ill set it up for ya and check to see were the prop is sitting now if it needs to be moved..

river redy
    call me and bring it by ill set it up for ya and check to see were the prop is sitting now if it needs to be moved..
    Do you do runner bottoms, i definetly need someone that knows what there doing and i can come over this weekend, Ill bring beer

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast