It was six years ago today my lovely Mrs. gave birth to our son. He is the greatest gift we could have asked for. He is more important than my next breath and I am a better man for knowing him. Happy birthday Mark John. He would rather shake your hand than give you five. He runs the length of our house just to give me a hug and to say "I love my Dad".
This morning (5:00 AM) I was climbing into the shower when I heard him call to me, "Please come lay down with me until it gets bright outside, it's my birthday you know". So, I emailed my office to tell them I would be late and I slipped back into to bed. We got out of bed at 6:00 AM I made breakfast for the three of us and came to work. The point of this is simple. Spend time with the children. Work will be there when you get to it. I keep a picture on my desk of the boy and me when he was eight weeks old riding a quad in the high desert. I keep it to remind me just how fast time flys. They do grow quickly.
Lastly, My wife will read this. I need to tell her in front of witnesses how much I love her and to thank her for giving me the greatest gift of all, our son. ILY!
OGS