Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TJ Wrangler

Mandelon
    Too much Gumbo eating. Your fat ass is too heavy for it. Maybe you ran over some good ol' boys and their belt buckles are dragging along the pavement..????

HOSS
    I`m losing weight. Tryin` for 190! No more gym, just running.
    I am lazy. I`d rather sit and watch VH1 the 70`s than deal with this heavy piece of crap.

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by HOSS
    Don`t know for sure yet. Ain`t yanked it out totally. Still hanging on motor(supported). My guess is the throw out bearing since its made onto the pressure plate. Found that info from Summit. I hope thats it. Will know this afternoon.
    The way you described it, I thought it sounded like the T/O bearing from the get go. Curious to see. I don't have that issue, I have an automatic... and a lot of the reason is for service issues like this one...

HOSS
    When a TO bearing goea out it makes noise while at idle in neutral. This didn`t. It got worse quick. Just like a slave cylinder. But thats fine. Now that I know its made onto the pressure plate, the noises I heard and felt through the floor board makes since. We`ll see in about 2 hrs.

HOSS
    Definately something internal. ****

Mandelon
    Ya better give it a hysterectomy.

HOSS
    Anyone know of the best aftermarket trani to go with? Bullet proof style. 99` Sahara.

Dr. Eagle
    Sorry to hear that Hoss, transmissions suck... especially when they break! Probably back to the syncro theory?

HOSS
    I don`t see any synchros. Its after 3rd gear. You go back to neutral and spin the input shaft and then it gets tight, hear a thump and its loose. It has play then too. I`m thinking bearing/bushing. I just don`t see it being synchros. I better go to gearheads with this.

sorry dog
    Input shaft bearing?
    Easiest way to fix the problem is to get a Landcruiser- it probably wouldn't have broken and the brand new factory replacement H55F is only $1800.
    NV4500 is a great replacement and advance adapters should have the shit to make it work. It will be a bit more, but those are very tough. Might as well get a decent TC at the same time- like a NP205. After that - your only weak link will be the driveshaft and axles.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast