Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's with the FCC

MudPumper
    Clearchannel took Howard off of 6 radio stations including San Diego, and fired "Bubba The Love Sponge" in Florida. The FCC is planning on increasing the fine for a violation 10 fold. It was quoted in the paper that Clearchannel removed Howard after complaints from some of the listeners. This is my problem. The people complaining are NOT his listeners. Fans of Howard don't complain about what is said or done on the air. They are fans because of what he says and does. If you don't like what is on the air, you have the option of NOT LISTENING. WTF? Don't go ****ing it up for the rest of us.

carbonmarine
    I love howard !! , but know The FCC didnt pull the plug....
    Clear Channel did... Why ? Because they got fined by The FCC
    in another case ( Teh Love Sponge ) and the Corp that is Clear Channel and respective shareholders cannot risk another fine
    on Earnings....
    Its perfect business sense not censure.... Blame Janet Jackson
    for getting The Bible Belt wound up...After that whole storm,
    The FCC has no choice but to enforce existing laws that they were not policing ....
    Its all on the books... If we dont like it,... we need to change the laws not blame Bush, Ashcroft, etc.. , ect....
    Rick32

Jbb
    The regular guys..here in Atlanta (They came from LA.)work for a clear channel station...96 Rock....Their show is a lot like Sterns, and they went on strike today, because they said if they did their jobs.....which get top market ratings ...under the new rules they would be fired!

Tom Brown
    How much ego does it take to make the jump from...
    "I don't like it so I won't listen to it."
    to...
    "I don't like it so I don't think you should listen to it."

twistedpair
    Oh good, the all knowing Gub'ment is going to save me from seeing any boobages on the TV and hearing any F-Bombs on the radio. I feel much better about paying $2.50 for a gallon of gas now! Why don't these idiots expend a little energy on things that actually matter?

totenhosen
    thank the religious right in this country for it! They have too much influence with our current leaders.

welk2party
    You obviously don't know what is good for ya! The government will help you.:yuk:

MudPumper
    Originally posted by carbonmarine
    I love howard !! , but know The FCC didnt pull the plug....
    Clear Channel did... Why ? Because they got fined by The FCC
    in another case ( Teh Love Sponge ) and the Corp that is Clear Channel and respective shareholders cannot risk another fine
    on Earnings....
    Its perfect business sense not censure.... Blame Janet Jackson
    for getting The Bible Belt wound up...After that whole storm,
    The FCC has no choice but to enforce existing laws that they were not policing ....
    Its all on the books... If we dont like it,... we need to change the laws not blame Bush, Ashcroft, etc.. , ect....
    Rick32

Yeah thats what I said, Clearchannel took Howard off.

HOSS
    I would really like to see more Christian televised programming.
    Oh happy daaaaayyyy,,,,,,,,oh happy day
    Oh happy daaaaayyaaaaaayyyy,,,,,oh happy day

coolchange
    Clear Channel.... Shaping the minds and thoughts of America.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast