Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: standard shorty VS Twist style

Heatseeker
    Having run both twisties and regular style Bassett's, I prefer the twisties. One big plus for me is the twisties allow me to plant a foot on the floor beside the motor(without getting my skin charred), which makes it easier when tying up to houseboats(which I do all summer long). They also keep some heat off the passengers. And I think they look nicer too.
    With the twisties, the plugs are little harder to get at, and you need to run angle boot plug wires. Also, a couple of the header bolts are a bitch to get tight and pulling a set of tall valve covers w/breathers can be tricky. But all that is worth the trouble to me .
    Big Proppa, I thought you already sold those!

Mohavekid
    Victor, I personally like the shorty's over the twists on a Rogers. I think they have a "racier" look.
    Heres a pic of my old Challenger with some Rewarder shorty's. The front pipe seems to lean back more than the Bassett's.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...hallenger3.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...enger4-med.jpg
    Either way, shiney new chrome headers of any type are cool.

Big Proppa
    Yes I think I did -

Big Proppa
    Yep definatley sold - thanks Heat

I like the short straights as well. The twisties look nice from the side and when looking at the boat from in front but from behind they remind me of wings...
    They are growing on me more and more though, i'm in need of some new headers i guess what i'm saying is if i ran accross a set of twisties and the price was right, i would use them.
    Not the best pic but here are pics of my straights.
    http://www.reitanfamily.com/albums/a...0698.sized.jpg

TopCat
    Originally posted by Big Proppa
    These are the ones for sale
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...aders1-med.JPG
    Brand spankin new - I was going to run them but just can't give up the sound a blower motor makes huffin through a set of dry zoomies QUIT BRAGGING

I've run em both too. The only downside I could see to the twisties is that they seem to be more prone to rusting due to less space between the pipes (especially where they twist around one another).

Big Proppa
    come on topcat that's all I got

I think twistys look weird, they look kinda long and old school. I really like the look of the short straight bassetts.
    I also hear those twistys might be worth a few horsepower,which really isnt worth much considering your going to have to look at them all the time.
    My favorite set of pipes was an old set of twist bassetts that we cut down, they just looked bitchen, and they looked different than all the other sets weve had, too bad they rusted out. My buddy that lives out on the river actually fixed em up and runs them now on his CP.

1 fast okie
    i agree with jake w iwent with short straights on my new boat i think they look more like a drag boat and also there is a plus sence there higher if your running a little fat you dont get as much black gassey water droplets on top of thee transom

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast