Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Learning to ski...

Sleek-Jet
    Originally posted by fourspeednup
    Ummm, I'm standing here and trying to figure out which foot goes forward?
    -The boat has plenty of power(did I just say that?) and I think the difficult part will be hanging on and getting the driver to go easy on the gas.
    Which ever feels comfortable. I ski with my left foot forward. Try putting the ski on and see which way feels right.

Steamin' Rice
    If you skateboard or surf, use the same foot forward as when you ski...
    If not, try to crouch down low with one foot in front of the other and reverse the location of yuor feet. One will feel more stable than the other, which is how I would give it a shot. I don't think it necessarily correclates to being right or left handed....

fourspeednup
    Looks like I'm a left foot forward

mirvin
    Ummm, I'm standing here and trying to figure out which foot goes forward?
    -The boat has plenty of power(did I just say that?) and I think the difficult part will be hanging on and getting the driver to go easy on the gas.
    If you're talking about a single ski your front foot should be whichever you put forward on a skateboard or surfboard. If you've never done either of those then it won't matter which foot is forward. Do what feels natural. Switch if it;s not working.
    The wakeboard won't matter cuz it goes both ways, just like Jackpunx
    I would suggest having someone with you who knows what they're doing. Also to drive the boat. Very important to have a driver who knows how to pull a skier.
    Mirvin

fourspeednup
    The wakeboard won't matter cuz it goes both ways, just like Jackpunx

mirvin
    I think I just lost my speed run:frown:

Sleek-Jet
    Originally posted by mirvin
    I would suggest having someone with you who knows what they're doing. Also to drive the boat. Very important to have a driver who knows how to pull a skier.
    Mirvin
    Yep, I'll say it agian as well, get a good driver who knows how to pull skiers.
    Yes, it's that important.

burtandnancy
    fourspeednup, jump in your vehicle and race over to Havasu tonight or tomarrow at the latest. You will see the worlds best water skiers racing the old course from Havasu City (Thompson Bay) to Havasu Springs and back. This track hasn't been used for years and is this years first marathon; 50 milers, 75 milers and a 25 mile mini. You won't be skiing like these guys and gals for a while, but you'll see some awesome athletes, great skiing style, unbelievable boats and the pits are open and free. You're just a few hours away and the weather will be great. give it a try...

welk2party
    Ski for me please. Wakeboarding is easier until you try doing the tricks and eat it. I have faceplanted and landed harder wakeboarding than my worst spill skiing.

MudPumper
    I've never skied before since as a kid we boated on casitas(no body contact) but now that I have my own boat I want to learn before I get any older. Is there any chance I could start on a single ski? There is a nice one at the river house already.
    I learned on a Single and have never tried doubles. It might help if you start with a double handle rope. By putting the ski in the V of the double handles it will help keep your ski from tipping sideways. That is how I learned and then when I got the hang of starting, I went to a single handle rope. Good luck.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast