Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Learning to ski...

fourspeednup
    Originally posted by burtandnancy
    fourspeednup, jump in your vehicle and race over to Havasu tonight or tomarrow at the latest. You will see the worlds best water skiers racing the old course from Havasu City (Thompson Bay) to Havasu Springs and back. This track hasn't been used for years and is this years first marathon; 50 milers, 75 milers and a 25 mile mini. You won't be skiing like these guys and gals for a while, but you'll see some awesome athletes, great skiing style, unbelievable boats and the pits are open and free. You're just a few hours away and the weather will be great. give it a try...
    75 miles! Wow, I don't even like driving in a car that distance
    Those dedicated ski race boats are too cool
    I'd love to head out there this weekend but being a full time student I have to budget my $$$ for spring break in March.:frown:

fourspeednup
    Originally posted by MudPumper
    I learned on a Single and have never tried doubles. It might help if you start with a double handle rope. By putting the ski in the V of the double handles it will help keep your ski from tipping sideways. That is how I learned and then when I got the hang of starting, I went to a single handle rope. Good luck.
    Do you mean the tip of the ski is physically in the V while you are sitting in the water? I was thinking it would be very difficult to not roll over to one side.

MudPumper
    Yes, the tip of the ski sits in the center of the v of the double handles, helps you to ballance while starting, then ounce you get the hang of that, go to a single handle.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234