Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: outboards on an f29

Bear 54
    I was just wondering what the numbers would be for 2 merc 300's on a dcb f29 and how reliable the motors are???? thanks

Boatmaster
    Boat will run right at 100-102. Motors are very reliable and oil injected. Call if you have any questions 925-828-5775 Drew

Skaterfast
    Man,you guys ought to be tired of hearing this from me.Generaly speaking a boat will go faster,seat more people,use less gas,be easier to maintain,last longer,lighter to tow,etc.If we do what?
    Yes that's right.Put outboards on them.

ZSARGO
    IN MY OPINION I WOULD SAY GO WITH TWO BIG BLOCKS. OUTBOARDS HAVE A HARD TIME UNDER A HEAVY LOAD, YOUR GOING TO HAVE A TOUGH TIME WHEN YOU TRY AND PLAIN OUT WITH A BOAT LOAD OF PEOPLE. BIG BLOCKS ALSO HAVE ALOT MORE TORQUE. I HAD A 300X ON MY MACH22 AND I WASN'T REALLY IMPRESSED WITH IT. PAIN IN THE ASS TO PROP CORRECTLY. IT BROKE THE FIRST DAY I HAD IT OUT AND I KNOW THE PERSON THAT PURCHASED THE BOAT FROM ME HAS BROKEN THE LOWER UNIT. I WILL NEVER OWN A OUTBOARD BOAT AGAIN. I'M SURE OTHERS HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS AND LOVE THEM. MY TWO CENTS.

Forkin' Crazy
    I'd stick with the outboards. Car motors are heavy and suck fuel like crazy. They will not live as long as outboards. They will not (unless you spend large quantities of money) live long and higher rpms and cruise settings. An outboard will live longer at high rpms for extended periods in stock form. You have to change the oil on car motors. They are a pain in the ass to work on. You have to spend a lot of money building horse power that it will take to get the slug on plane because on the extra weight and extra fuel and tanks.
    Car motors belong in cars!
    MY OPINION.

Forkin' Crazy
    Skaterfast, I like your aviatar!!!

ZSARGO
    Originally posted by Forkin' Crazy
    I'd stick with the outboards. Car motors are heavy and suck fuel like crazy. They will not live as long as outboards. They will not (unless you spend large quantities of money) live long and higher rpms and cruise settings. An outboard will live longer at high rpms for extended periods in stock form. You have to change the oil on car motors. They are a pain in the ass to work on. You have to spend a lot of money building horse power that it will take to get the slug on plane because on the extra weight and extra fuel and tanks.
    Car motors belong in cars!
    MY OPINION.
    WELL LET'S SEE. TAKE THE SANDBAR IN HAVASU ON A BUSY WEEKEND. WHAT DO YOU THING THE RATIO OF OUTBOARDS TO "CAR MOTORS" IS?? THE MANUFACTURES OF CUSTOM BOATS COULD PUT OUTBOARDS ON MORE BOATS AND SELL THEM CHEAPER. WHY DON'T THEY? I'VE HAD 4 BOATS IN MY LIFETIME. TWO OUTBOARDS, ONE BEING A 2002 300X, AND TWO I/O POWERED BOATS. I JUST PURCHASED ANOTHER I/O. TWO STROKES JUST DON'T HAVE THE TORQUE. EVEN MOTORCROSS BIKES ARE ALMOST ALL FOUR STROKES THESE DAYS.

Tom Brown
    ISNT THE GEAR CASE ON THE 300X PRETTY MUCH THE SAME AS THE BRAVO 1? I WONDER HOW OPEN MINDED YOU ARE ABOUT OUTBOARDS. A PAIR OF 300X ENGINES WILL HIT PRETTY HARD. I LIKE BIG BLOCKS TOO BUT THERE IS MORE THAN ONE WAY TO SKIN A CAT.

racer
    Remember the 4 strokes in moto cross are nearly twice the cc as a 2 stroke in the same class. Both engines have there place and we all have our preferences.

Forkin' Crazy
    Originally posted by Tom Brown
    I WONDER HOW OPEN MINDED YOU ARE
    ARE YOU ASKING HIM IF HE IS OK WITH LEZBIANS? LOL!!!
    LMAO!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast