Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Hondo is Home!

Boatmike
    Sangster if it's not gone by then the blower motor is going to be in the Picklefork hydro and the natuarlly asperated motor will be in the shovelnose. Ya can't even come close to building the motor for what i would take for the thing. I got to tell you this boat is a hell of a bang for the buck, those of you who saw this thing at Modesto and at CFW two years ago know it is really clean. Somone is going to end up with a hell of a boat and a hell of a deal.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...re_011-med.jpg

Boatmike
    Sangerster I would sell the Shovelnose with this motor in it for $9000.00 and the boat would still run over 100+mph with no problem.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...re_022-med.jpg

waterloged
    nice stuff there!

wildinjun
    t deck windshield manufacture www.Finneys.com. also powdercoating. Located in Lake Havasu

Speedin' Ian
    Pulled the pan off and got some numbers off the crank and pistons. Anyone tell me what they mean?
    Crank=804816NF (I think those are the numbers)
    pistons=242=99

Fired Up
    I remember that boat. I test drove it several years ago when a prior owner (?) was selling it. He wanted way too much for it then. The hull was in great shape. The motor was a father/son project. It looks like it still has the old "hemi" ??? v-drive in it. Maybe someone here has parts for it, but I think they are hard to find. As I recall the motor needed some work as it didn't run real good. His price then was in the five figure area. Glad to see you got it Ian. Keep it in the County.

Speedin' Ian
    you're right the hull is in great shape, all we need to do is polish the floor, there isn't a crack in it. The motor looks good we tore it down today and the bearings look great, it has a roller cam and roller rockers, forged rods and pistons, cast crank, (atleast it's balanced) and rectangular port heads. we're going to throw a tunnel ram and some 600's on it.

Speedin' Ian
    Picked up a tunnel ram, two 600's and a scoop from sangerboy today for a smoking deal. All we need to do now is clean it up, polish the scoop and shine up the headers that were on the Cole. Also got a polished vertex mag, so the project is already coming along.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...41_IMG-med.JPG

Sangerboy
    Somebody at Camp Acceptance may recognize the bottom half of that manifold

Kim Hanson
    That boat is " TITS "...........( . )( . ).............

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast