Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New boat

Liquid Invader
    Is that an on engine or will it fit in the floor of a hydro? Don't forget i need to replace the fire starter.
    I have a couple of sets of v drive headers for sale too. The blower may get a set of zoomies.
    Tim i know that you wanted a boat like the one JIm bought but the deal was done before i got out of Charleston. You know what hey say (money talks) and cash (SCREAMS). We made a deal that was good for both of us. I sure like the Blower Motor. That is just what the doctor ordered for the Cole flat. Now we can both go to Lake Anna and ride with our buds,
    THE YOUNG BLOOD IS STILL FOR SALE. WITH OR WITHOUT MOTOR. FAST,FAST,JET. LOTS OF NICE HARDWARE. 106MPH. AND THAT IS NO BULL
    Later 383

Wet Dream
    Originally posted by Liquid Invader
    Now we can both go to Lake Anna and ride with our buds,
    Oh boy...I hear 066 steamin from here. Maybe he didn't see that.

promod
    sweet ride need to put in the triple dig with the huffer, congats
    on new ride know you got to be pleased later
    promod
    baj 817

hydro066
    Originally posted by Wet Dream
    Oh boy...I hear 066 steamin from here. Maybe he didn't see that.
    Blown alky drag hydro (some assembly required). Not very suitable as lake cruiser......Will trade for any type of lake boat. Just let me know how much cash you want to boot.
    No steam, Bill. I have finally seen the light. Isolation can prove to be a terrible thing. Hmmmm...Why do I suddenly feel a connection to cult brainwashing tactics here?
    Later,
    John

Liquid Invader
    I thought i would give everybody a chacne for the trade but it seems that nobody wants that uglyass hydro. So here is a deal for you.
    I have a 75 Checkmate with a stock 350cid. Misses some but does run. Interior is a little rough but could be fixxed for a couple thousand. Paint faded, Trailer needs wheels and tires. Oh pump could use some work. Other than those small things it is a very nice boat. The good part is, it will run 45mph sometimes, the miss you know. IT DOES HAVE A JETOVATER, WILL THROW WATER 200FT.
    OK here is the trade, I'll take the hydro,if you paint it and get rid of all those flashy pearl colors to some solid color and about $6000 diff. That is, if you will deliver.
    I think this jet is just what you are looking for.
    Later 383

Big Boys Toy PE857
    update
    Saturday- Intake and blower installed on motor, timing chain cover removed and fuel pump cam drive installed.
    Today- Hope to have pump extension and Enderle 80a pump installed. Put in new bugcatcher nozzles and jets, gas barrell valve spool, and install injection hat. Fit idler pulley and blower pulleys. Start looking at plumbing fuel system.
    Jet pump- Was gonna just replace the thrust bearing but have decided on total rebuild minus impeller which is fine. Tore down pump and found it had an "A" impeller and a Agressor bowl with a stuffer.
    Bought a new Digital camera last night and will try to post some pics if my wifey-poo can figure out how.

hydro066
    Jim, what's come over you? You've been a busy little beaver. What happened to the "thrashing, putting the motor together at 2:00 A.M., knowing you have to leave for St. Louis at 7:00 A.M.?
    All I've got done today is fabricate and polish a chute bracket, make sure all I need from Lenco is discs and floaters (you remember, the "dry" Lenco). Oh, yeah, I did manage to do a sweetie that happened by a couple of hours ago - IN THE SUN. It's been a beautiful, sunny 85 deg day.
    Hmmm - you've been more productive, but..........I'll swap you pics of what we've done today and you decide.
    Later,
    John

shirkey4750
    John be careful what you say, the man has a new digital camera and just dying to use it. Stopped by this afternoon, and he was busy as a beaver. Motor is lookin good.

Liquid Invader
    I heard there was a little interuption in the boat project. I hope you are feeling better Jim.
    I need to get some of that energy from you and get started on some of my projects.
    Later 383

Big Boys Toy PE857
    Well, I took the jet to the river today just to back it in and see if my 12 volt primer system would work. Didn't leave the house till 6:30 pm. So I was burning daylight. Backed the thing in the river and after adjusting the time a little it started idling so nice that I decided to take it for a spin. I made it up the river and back alright but lots more tuning on the the Enderle hat injection system is gonna be necessary. What little i could tell from the ride it"s gonna be a horse, though. Also the stands for the blower belt tensioner are toooooo Mickey Mouse and will need replacement with something a lot more substantial. All in all, it was a pretty good shake down cruise. Made it back to the trailer and only got wet up to my knees.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast