Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: turning boat over tomorrow

tahitijet
    anyone have any input?
    thanks

AZKC
    I'm just chimin in. Looking at the straight edge shot I would think you have some work to do.

MudPumper
    I don't know too much about it but from what I've read I don't think that is very good. There are others here that have the knowlege you need.

tahitijet
    ya I was hopeing to hear from the guys that know Jack at MPD, Jeff bennet, Todd, old rigger... maybee i should put this under a differn't topic
    I was thinking the same thing at first that this boat probably wouldn't be worth fixing at this point, but you'll notice the intake is flush wit the hull front and back. and the original gel is under the paint so i know it hadn't been modified. just not sure if this is a major belmish or something normal.
    thakns agian guys.

MudPumper
    I'm suprised more people have not posted on this yet.

ROZ
    Originally posted by AZKC
    I'm just chimin in. Looking at the straight edge shot I would think you have some work to do.
    Or he needs a new straight edge...
    Looks like you have some work ahead of ya Tahiti...

AZKC
    Or a more curved straight edge then it would look fine.
    I see a lot of fiberglass in your future

tahitijet
    I think I like the curved straight edge idea better.
    the part i see that may be a problem is if i fill this area (keep in mind it's only the width of the intake) level. It will cause the intake to be much higher (when right side up) then the bottom of the hull. am I going to have to break the intake loose and restet it? I would not be looking forward to that at this point.
    thanks
    steve

Jake W
    Hear is some ideas.
    Take out the intake and have it machined for a shoe and ride plate.
    When you reset it it will be reset with the keel line across the front of the intake and to the end of the shoe.After this is done you will have to grind down the very back of the keel for the ride plate to extend out to the bowl cradel.This is where I think your problem is .
    You are fixing the hook right (do it at least two strakes up and about 4 feet down the hull)
    Now I hope some one will read this and give you info why or why not this will work for you.
    Jake

American Turbine Man
    I need better pictures but, from what I can see it looks like a botched repair job. It looks as if the first strake from the keel has been filled-in about halfway down the intake. That makes a huge hook. Does it run at the bow eye?
    ATM

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast