Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: turning boat over tomorrow

tahitijet
    Well loaded with advice and information from Jack at MPD, duane at htp and jeff bennett. I have pulled the intake and will be setting it back and installing a shoe and ride plate. I started removing old paint and gel today and will begin the very long proccess of glassing tomorrow. I'm not sure what went wrong with this boat or where but i'm deep into fixing it now.
    I'm going to blueprint the bottom up 5' and almost the full 5' and the full width needs work. I will post updated pictures as i can take them.
    I would like to thank all of you that have posted advice and also thanks duane, jack and jeff, all of which took a considerable amount of time to talk to me about this.
    thanks agian everyone.

tahitijet
    attached is a picture after the 3rd round of glassing. the left side is getting close, right side still needs some work. I also cut the opening for the set back.. i went 2" back which leaves 1" before the transom.
    i was reading around the rjb board last night and there were alot of post's regarding southwind (which is what my bottom is splashed from) and it was mentioned over and over to extend the 2 strakes closest to the intake out to the transom.
    Is this something i should consider? if so whats the best route to go about it? Just build it up with glass? or cut a wood or foam filler and glass over it?
    thanks

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345