Thread: Looking for Answers??

lostlake
    I Blew my new motor, I am asking the question in the Gear head section and answers would be greatfull. THanks (I know it now a blown motor but hopefully all you knowledge will help)

picklefork1
    Wow bro very sorry to hear the news, was hoping to meet up with you over the holiday weekend, wrightnow and I were down your way on Saturday night, but I guess you probably were busy with the motor. Good luck.

lostlake
    Hey pickle.. I seen you runing with wrightnow, doesnt' he have an all white cp, you were running at dark. I was still in the water at that time, I pulled up there around 7:45 I was in a 21 pickle deck boat( Edge) you might have seen me, by the time i got docked you must have been long gone. maybe next time.. Who won ????

picklefork1
    I didn't run at Lost lake I had a few test runs earlier in the day up at big river, I probably would have just embarrased myself up at lost lake. Marks going to help me dial in my boat now that I have the horses I need. As far as Marks CP, the thing totaly rocks - out of I think 4 passes up at lost lake he only lost 1 but it was to his buddy so its alright. It sounds like we will both be up at parker for OP6, whats your status will you be back in the water by then? or are you just coming up for the fun?
    [This message has been edited by picklefork1 (edited September 07, 2001).]

riodog
    LL, sorry to hear bout your motor, btdt, I hope it wasn't the pretty new alum heads I was going to "borrow" off you. Since all I do is NOTHING (i do except donations), and I'm down at the shop every day anyway, if there's anything I can do to help, just holler.
    Michael (the dog)

lostlake
    Hey dog, how ya doing, Yes it was those beauties, just trying to find out what went wrong.

riodog
    Lostlake,
    I feel your pain, more times than I care to remember. (my wallet tries to forget also). As I was saying my prayers last night the Lord spoke to me. I know you're just dying to know what he said so here goes. Oh yeah, you remember those pretty aluminum heads I was thinking of "borrowing" from you? He told me it was a good thing I didn't.
    The heads that were put on your motor were fresh from the box. Dan Douglas ( GS Marine's top engine builder), had a few other sets of these heads that were creating problems also. Thanks to his persistence (and late night's at his own home), he discovered that that the clearence between the valves and the guides was so very tight that in order to remove the valves they had to be driven out with a drift punch. Thru the "vine", it's been brought up that Greg has been in touch with both Manley and Edelbrock, with whom he has a very good relationship.
    On the brighter side, since the motor has to come apart anyway,,,,, if there are any changes you might want to make now might be a good time to consider them. If on the other hand you really want to go fast, I can let you have a really-good-deal on a low time blower motor that was only driven on Sundays and never over 4000 rpm. (nobody ever goes fast at Big River).
    Stay in touch and if you're not running in time for op6 we'll see what we can do.