Thread: newbie

Cheyenne19
    I will start by saying I know nothing about blowers. Only what I have read around here. It seems as though they are hard to setup. I have a tall block chevy that I am going to build, I want to get some serious hp from it, but up until now I have been reluctant to use a blower. Are they really that hard to setup? How reliable are they? Any suggetsions as far as what setup to use? thanks for the help.
    c19

Liberator TJ1984
    Cheyanne..a blower is fairly easy to set up..I did mine myself and Lord knows i'm not a brilliant person..Just follow all directions to a TEE !!!make sure you have enough carburation and fuel supply..there are many tech.lines you can call..Try Marv Hinemann @ The Blower Shop ..he has been very helpful to me and Considerate..# is (661)299-5483 good luck!

Blown Cheyenne Hydro
    look at it this way.
    a blower is just a air pump, they are very easy to setup, but there are many variables involved.
    do your homework youll be allright

blowngas
    decide whether or not u intend to stay with the new combo or will u be trying to "go faster" the next weekend---discuss your plans openly with someone that knows what they are talking about--make sure that the new combo has the right internals for a blower--(good steel crank,some good rods, right cam,flattop pistons,ect)cause sooner or later, u are gona want to change the pulleys, put in some race gas and let it graze---(remember to back out the timing with more boost) if not, be prepared to blow some head gaskets, might do it anyway--you don't have to be a rocket scientist to run a blower---just use your head and think about every change u do and what effect it will have on the motor--its hard to have the best of both worlds but you can meet someplace in the middle--buy some good parts and only cry once--have fun, be safe and watch out for the other guy