Thread: Don"t tell me

SANGER-RICH
    BBT dont tell me to get back to work on the boat! I need to get those darn fuel tanks out and have tried everything at my disposal, out side of cuting them out from the bottom and fixing all that damage. Im really thinking gas, flame, not a bad idea. Some one has had to be where Im at right now and can help me. PLEASE . I NEED HELP

coolchange
    What er ya skerd? Get the Sawzall, spend 10 minutes and have a beer and go

FlatRat
    guzzle,guzzle,chop,chop.It's all good.

SANGER-RICH
    Not enough room to do this with a sawzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz all

SANGER-RICH
    Originally posted by SANGER-RICH
    BBT dont tell me to get back to work on the boat! I need to get those darn fuel tanks out and have tried everything at my disposal, out side of cuting them out from the bottom and fixing all that damage. Im really thinking gas, flame, not a bad idea. Some one has had to be where Im at right now and can help me. PLEASE . I NEED HELP Its bad when I am quoting myself, but I really need help with this delima I'm in. I dont want to destroy the boat getting the tanks out, but they need to go, they are ugly and full of crap.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...7fuel_tank.JPG

Heatseeker
    How about a super tool (4" abrasive disc on a die grinder)? Maybe you could cut the tanks into small sections with that.

Moneypitt
    My son-in-law is in the procees of removing the tanks from his 73 Schiada. Someone convinced him the varnish(very old gas) in the tanks was the resin breaking down because of "hot" gas. So, he started cutting them out when all they needed was a good flushing!! Anyway, the sawsall idea worked for most of cutting, and a hacksaw blade wraped with tape got into some of the tight spots.. Where they were moulded to the boat, (bottom, and outside,) I think he just sanded down the rough edges and left the extra thickness of glass attached.... I bug him EVERYDAY to call IMCO and get them started on the replacement aluminum tanks, his boat has been down over 3 years because of BAD advise about what was actually in the tanks.............Moneypitt

FlatUgly
    Sanger Rich, you know any fireman,one of my freinds a fireman helped me in a jam like that with the jaws of life or tank death in your case, from what i saw they could smash it down then cut it into pieces, its a little extremem but u know what they say