Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Dodge trucks suck!

Cat Skinner
    Well its definatly the injection pump.The lift pump is working fine but i am going to replace it also while i am at it.I called dodge about it and there is a warranty but it doesnt cover my truck they said.A buddy of mine has the same year dodge deisel and they did his under the warranty so i dont know what the deal is there.I called a place in san bernardino that i have used on pumps in my othere trucks in the past called diesel injection service and they have a rebuilt inj. pump for 1100.00 exchange and i have to replace the lift pump to get the warranty so it will be like 1400.000 by the time i get all the parts.
    Thanks to all the replys about this i apreciate it.
    Danny
    Just wondering if you checked the lift pump pressure? Did you pull any codes?
    Normally when the pumps go south it's more of a gradual thing. The dealers are now installing a lift pump in the tank and it's generally regarded as a POS setup. Good luck with your truck. I've got an 01 and the only problem I've had is the rear tires wearing quickly
    CS

djdtpr
    Just wondering if you checked the lift pump pressure? Did you pull any codes?
    Normally when the pumps go south it's more of a gradual thing. The dealers are now installing a lift pump in the tank and it's generally regarded as a POS setup. Good luck with your truck. I've got an 01 and the only problem I've had is the rear tires wearing quickly
    CS
    The lift pump has about 4 lbs of pressure.I pulled two codes p1688,p1689 both those are injection pump failure code.

H20 Toie
    Time to trade it in

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345