I been talkin all this HP stuff and am going to prove it, one way or another. In order to do that, i got to install a SBC. Expecting HP similar to a stock BBC with a little less weight (of course that HP will be had at a little higher RPM to make up for the CID loss) Been studying camshaft design an properties. Havent got a clew. I know the basics, but how to apply them must take some experience. I have had good recommendations from those that know.
My options are:
Stringer mount from CP or Rex or Glen-i and lookin at $450 or so.
Rail or maybe stringer mount from someone who has some that they will let go of.
Rail mounts are presently in the boat, but i think stringer mounts will work at 24.2' between the stringers. I like the rail mounts and it dont look hard to convert them. Seems maybe the rail mounts stiffen it up somewhat. Little full lenth stringers, like 1"x3"
The one piece rear (no cover and brace) appeals to me.
Bling is up in the air. Perfect bling is nice, otherwise black paint will do.
If you have any offers, please write me a pm.
mikeT
'i taut i taw a puddy tat"
PS if you want to know the truth i am just a cheep SOB that wont afford a BBC. SBC's are cheep. Disposable cheep. I expect WOT with a SS 'B' AT to be about 5100 or so at 350HP. Could be as low as 300 at 4800 but most have given me hopes of the higher figure. It seems to be all in the cam. I do expect some better acceleration from less weight.
Very little will be done to help the engine live at this rpm. Good balance, deeper pan, constant oil pressure & temp monitoring .