Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanger Hydro Measurements

Fiat48
    A while back a couple of people wanted to know the Sanger Hydro location measurements. This was measured from a 79 Sanger drag hydo. Standard weight hull:
    Inside transom to front motor plate 37 1/2"
    to V drive 85 1/2"
    End of strut barrel to rear short extention plate measured at an angle 8 1/2".

78Eliminator
    *Saving this space to post my 74 Sanger Hydro measurements

LakesOnly
    Interesting,
    I'll go see how these numbers compare to my De Marco Hydro...
    LO

Sangster
    Here's the setup fore my Sanger Ski Hydro..
    Inside transom to front motor plate.. 35.0 "
    to V drive.. 84 1/4 "

Fiat48
    The other Sanger here in town has identical measurements. We compared the two boats a few years ago. So I think it's pretty safe to assume these boats were not altered in setup from original. Somebody needed this info, but can't remember who it was. It was a while back.

FlatRat
    My ski hydro is 43 inside transom to front plate,92 from transom to center of v-drive.Was told this what drag hydro's were.But some knucklehead had a wing on it when I got it.Whatch think?

Fiat48
    Well, I would start by checking to see if any old holes..as in the V drive has been moved or motor location moved.

Sangster
    Originally posted by FlatRat
    My ski hydro is 43 inside transom to front plate,92 from transom to center of v-drive.Was told this what drag hydro's were.But some knucklehead had a wing on it when I got it.Whatch think?
    That must put your V-drive between or in front of the seats...

SANGER-RICH
    In motor placement in 70's Sanger Shovelnoses when they used Hemi's was the weight greater with the Hemi compared to a Big Block Chevy? Im trying to undersatand Motor placement verses weight and v-drive placement My motor sets 31.5 to the motor plate and the v-drive is set back [ drive line is 12"] to motor. Im alittle lost as to why the would set this boat up like this????????????? I have always noticed that the v-drive unit is between the front seats. Mine is not.

Sangster
    Rich...These #'s everyones throwing around are for different year/styles of Hydro's...Might as well be talkin' Corvette's vs Chevette's....get the bottom of the boat painted, Keep everything where it is.....Stick your motor in it where the old motor was and see what it does....Then start making changes one at a time, logging any & all changes you make and what happened when you made a change in setup.....It takes a while sometimes (most of the time)....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast