Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Neoprene Life Jackets

Nubbs
    FYI ....... Costco has JOBE neoprene life jackets for $40. I was thinking about picking one up for myself. Are these that great? How tight should they fit out of the water? I've never had to size myself for a jacket before.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    If you get one, let me know if they are USCG approved. I need a new one, but I hate the Costco in Temecula, it's so dang crowded, I don't go in there unless I absolutely have to.

framer1
    Bought two at costco the other day, seem like a good deal. Payed 100.00 plus for O'Brian jacket that looks identical. They are coast guard approved.

Scream
    They are USCG Type III approved. Bought some the other day. Cheap at half the price

TrojanDan
    They are very well made. I had a $120 SkiWarm jacket that I just gave away because the foam material slid down the back to the bottom of the jacket, pretty useless now. The Costco jackets have intermediate stitching on the backside of the jacket to keep all the floatation filling where it belongs. Not too shabby for a $40 jacket.

Nubbs
    How tight should these things fit? How do I know if I got the right size????

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by Nubbs
    How tight should these things fit? How do I know if I got the right size????
    You need to be able to MAKE them tight. They will float up on you if you can't sinch them down to make them tight.

RandyH
    If you keep them tight you can keep the warmth in too. They tend to slide up on you when they are wet. Dont buy them too big IMO.
    Sounds like a good buy. Sams has them also in the spring. Ocean Pacific. About he same price.
    RandyH

Liberator TJ1984
    I got some from Boaters World.. 100mph impact tested, USCG approved class III for $ 60 ea. made by... On The Edge
    very comfortable and well made

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by Liberator TJ1984
    I got some from Boaters World.. 100mph impact tested, USCG approved class III for $ 60 ea. made by... On The Edge
    very comfortable and well made
    I am going to have to go check at Boaters World. Sounds cool...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast