Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Safety Gear needed by Nosties!

CircleJerk
    This may be boring to some but we have some new racers lurking here and they are in need of stuff you'all may have just laying around!
    Nostalgic Circle Boat rules require:
    1- Competition life jackets must be made by Security Race Products, LifeLine, or Dietz and if used must be re-certified every 4 years! This usually costs between 85 and 150 bucks.
    2- Helmets must have the label, Snell 95 or newer, open face helmets are recommended and MUST be 50% fluorescent orange or neon yellow on the top! Full faced ones have a tendency to cause neck injuries, not to mention restrict side vision.
    3- A kevlar fabric driving suit must cover arms, legs and torso and may be two piece. An abrasion resistant motorsports suit is allowed and may be any color.
    4- Kill switchs are a must. The Mercury marine one seems to hold up the best and should also disable the electric fuel pump as well.
    5- Props, prop shafts, and rudders must be certified to prove them crack free or you don't run! Magnafluxing, X-ray {for chrome} or Chemical die checking {stainless prop shaft}. Some of you racers can offer help as to where they can get this done at a reasonable cost. Also, couplers will be inspected closely.
    5- A controversial safety device is the prop shaft release! At present, they are reccommended for the ski class and expected to be installed on the fast boats this year. Blonde loves hers and she wants you all to stay at the controls of your boat, especially when next to her!
    If you have any questions about our wild class of mouldy oldies, dont hesitate to PM or email me. We expect 6 new boats this year to add to the 18 or more that raced last year. Please share any knowledge of extra equipment here for our lurkers.
    PS; one last thing that drove the inspectors mad, was the lack of locking shifters! Even without a shaft release, you need a positive lock to keep it in gear! The original Casale detent is NOT enough under rough racing conditions, just ask the driver of the Sweet Caroline what happens when you pop out of gear while entering a turn at 90+? Answer: you stand up just before you are thrown into your deck and the water! Anyone have some extra locking shifters?:wink:

FlatUgly
    that sounds like a lot of fun where do u guys race, does my 18ft rayson craft LP fit into any of your classes?

CircleJerk
    Dang, I had a three paragraph response for you and the darn puter lost it! check out nwh2oracer.com

h2oregon
    hey jerk what do you mean by the prop shaft release for the fast boats is expected? will a 90 mph boat not be allowed to run a second race this year without one? same goes for the lock out shifter? How bout starting a new thread with the rules for the 2004 season? please leave out any thing that is not a must to race with you guys. thanks

68campbell
    I have an extra large lifeline for sale. great condition $300OBO
    email me at todd303@aol.com

boatguy222
    Originally posted by h2oregon
    hey jerk what do you mean by the prop shaft release for the fast boats is expected? will a 90 mph boat not be allowed to run a second race this year without one? same goes for the lock out shifter? How bout starting a new thread with the rules for the 2004 season? please leave out any thing that is not a must to race with you guys. thanks
    It's a whilaway, the aftermarket guys call it a shaft release. I ran 2 years ago, then sold my boat (worst mistake I ever made) The boats were classed on time ( how fast that they went around the course), the top guys are running around 70mph around the mile course, but are running at least 100 down the straights. it's a small course! but alot of fun racing is side by side, the the guys are all good.
    Boyd wants me to do tech on the boat this year or so he said, If you want to pm me your questions I'll get them answered for you. If Boyd is have puter troubles, it may be a while before he responds

ACCEPTENCE
    Oh...well at first I didn't realize it was for the "Nosties".
    Geez if that's the case the new guys can have all the gear, parts, locking handles, jackets, helmets and whatever else I have just "laying around" for free.
    Puhleez...

SANGER-RICH
    What is the average cost to add a wirlaway, prop release to a casale v-drive????

RaysonKid
    Originally posted by ACCEPTENCE
    Oh...well at first I didn't realize it was for the "Nosties".
    Geez if that's the case the new guys can have all the gear, parts, locking handles, jackets, helmets and whatever else I have just "laying around" for free.
    Puhleez...
    I take it that Acceptence doesnt think to much of the Nostalgia thing.

ACCEPTENCE
    Originally posted by SANGER-RICH
    What is the average cost to add a wirlaway, prop release to a casale v-drive????
    I'm thinkin around the number of $650.00 with all the parts and the locking handle deal.
    Check with Tom Bently or Beaverfab, they can answer all your questions and set ya up with what you need.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast