Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Wizard Billet Speaker Grills

hd&boatrider

Ducatista
    Originally posted by bigq
    JJFosterJ:
    What boat is that with the blue flames, nice profile on it?
    Cheetah?
    I had to ask him the same question just the other day....yes its a Cheetah 29....beautiful boat.

riverbound
    We sell wizard at my shop and it does take time to get the stuff (usually about 2 weeks) I talked to jeremy the other day and they got more business from the boat show than they expected. IMO they are the best looking and best built grills around. they are very durable and be powder coated to match your hardware in your boat. They are also capable of building custom designs.

ROZ
    Originally posted by jjfosterj
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...oat037-med.jpg
    Did edmond from the RRX boards make these? That's the way they should be done.... open area w/ grill..... BUT the flame kinda covers the tweeter...

rivercrazy
    Roz touched on my issues with these grills. #1 that they have some sort of metal screen to protect the cones. And my bigger one in that almost all these designs cover or partially cover the tweeter. Since high frequencies coming from tweets are extremely directional, covering them usually degrades the sound quality significantly.

ROZ
    Originally posted by rivercrazy
    Roz touched on my issues with these grills. #1 that they have some sort of metal screen to protect the cones. And my bigger one in that almost all these designs cover or partially cover the tweeter. Since high frequencies coming from tweets are extremely directional, covering them usually degrades the sound quality significantly.
    Mr. Crazy,
    Would you put these over your tweeters?
    MB Quart:
    http://www.billetaudiocovers.com/ima...tweeterMBQ.gif
    The one size model:
    http://www.billetaudiocovers.com/ima...ll/tweeter.gif

rivercrazy
    Nope!
    Shit those grills cost more than I paid for my speakers! Its just a little metal anyway. I know the machines to mill this stuff are expensive but I bet there is MUCHO gross margin in those things. Maybe the volume produced doesn't justify a lower retail selling cost.

ROZ
    Originally posted by rivercrazy
    Maybe the volume produced doesn't justify a lower retail selling cost.
    Bingo!

rivercrazy
    I will say one thing though. As long as there is the metal mesh included in the billet covers, they provide great protection and they look bad-ass! I'm just poor!

GBLASER
    Still no answer from Wizard, can anyone find out the real story and when they will be up and running again? Has anyone received their order in the last few days? They sure are loosing alot of money because of this family emergency.
    Oh by the way... I did not like the look of the speaker grills until they added the mesh, as soon as my wife saw them with the mesh she had to have them....... then no answer. COME ON WIZARD. Also does anyone know of another place that sells the same thing?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast