Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Triton V10 modifications

Speedin' Ian
    I have 2000 F-250, crew cab, long bed, 4X4 with the V10 and I was wondering what kind of modifications other people have done to this engine. So far I've installed a 3.5in. RCD lift, a flowmaster exhaust and K&N filter. I am happy with the performance, but like most people I'm always looking for more. On a side note I just had some sweet dual shock mounts built by a local fabricator, if anyone is interested PM me and I'll pass his number on to you.

FLOJO
    id like to see what the dual mounts look like. i have a 99f350 v10 with a 6in procomp and a 3 in body with 16.5 welds 36 swappers 456 gears kn air cleaner, b&m deep trany pan, would like to put headers and 38s theres a web page called ford enthusiasts exlcellent page.

dirtman
    Put a few bucks away for new heads. Mines blowin' spark plugs out at an alarming rate!

fourspeednup
    PUT A BLOWER ON IT! Or if you're interested in something a little less drastic, check out the gale banks website
    banks truck stuff (http://www.bankspower.com/ford.cfm)

Speedin' Ian
    Hey FLOJO I'm at school right now so I'll try and snap some picks of the shock mounts when I get home later this afternoon. Heres a pick of the truck anyway. It has the RCD 3.5in lift, with 32's which I plan on swapping out for some 35's as soon I can get the money, it also has flowmaster exhaust and K&N filter. Hey Dirtman can you elaborate on the spark plug problem? What kind of mods have you performed? Do the mechanics have any idea why it is happening? How much does it cost to be fixed? What year is your truck? When does it happen?

FLOJO
    my spark plug blew out also on pasanger side closest to the fire wall. i have 58,000 on my truck. its covered under warranty if you have extended warranty. make sure the replace the head ive heared of some stealerships installing a helicoil. the job cost about 2,800. to do. they talk about alot at ford enthuisasts.

dirtman
    In 2000 I got extended warranty, but it wasn't Fords (the dealer ship was selling an aftermarket warranty called Autoshield). They weaseled out of fixing the problem, so I'm on the hook for a new head or a helicoil. I've remained calm through-out the whole affair and been so politically correct that my ASS hurts, but it looks like they've got the right to decline this claim. So basically I just handed them $1700 bucks and they don't really have to do anything!!

Maxey
    8.1L Vortec would be a good modification.

rrrr
    I got both my heads replaced free at 42,000 miles. You guys need to let your ex wife kick you in the junk to get that temper at the right level and go back to Ford.....

cheech
    ford does not recomend the helicoil fix,under ford warranty they will replace the head. if you put a blower or turbo on these motors i believe you will have all 10 hanging by wires. ford i mean the factory, the heli-coil is cheaper fix.and if you take it to a hotrod machine shop they could fix it with out a problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast