Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Test results with new Aggressor Bowl & Impeller

DiverDown
    I received the Aggressor 9 vane bowl and stainless A cut impeller yesterday and after checking it out and letting everybody finger it for a little bit we loaded everything up and got ready for testing this morning.Test#1- First few runs were with the Berkeley bowl and Berkeley stainless A cut that has been "race prepped" by Greg Shoemaker at GS Marine. With that set up the boat ran consistantly 93-94mph GPS@6200rpm. Test#2 We installed the new Aggressor 9 vane bowl but left the Berk impeller in the pump. With that set up the boat did seem to leave a little harder, and by that I mean that I could put my foot all the way in it a little quicker without cavitating the pump, but the speed and RPM did not change. It again ran 93-94mph GPS@6200rpm. I do think that had we been running the boat through the clocks it might have E.T.'d better because of the way it left. Test#3- We left the Aggressor bowl on but also installed the new A cut Aggressor as it came to us out of the box. With this set up the boat definitly left harder(at least it felt like it did) than with the previous two set ups and ran 96mph GPS@5900rpm. Test#4-This was the really interesting test. As I stated in a previous thread, we were provided (free of charge) a Dominator bowl and impeller A cut that had both been "detailed" by a guy named Don Bowers. My pump guy installed the Dominator set up and back to the water I went. The boat left good and ran a best of 98mph GPS@6200rpm. We still have some tinkering to do with the set up on this boat, and I will keep everybody posted as to it's progress. As a side note, all of the tests were made with the same amount of fuel in the boat and the weather conditions were the same almost all day, Cloudy- 96% humidity and 53-55 degrees. Water temp was 67 degrees and there was about very slight chop or big ripple on the surface. The motor is now ready for the blown Daytona and we will be doing similar bowl and impeller tests with that boat as well. I would love to hear everybody's opinions and thoughts on the tests and components we ran today. I think...

Jim Brock
    Sounds pretty good for the aggressor set up, the other two were race prepped, the aggressor pulls more water , detail and sharpen the aggressor empeller and bowl, cut it to a A/B and it should run 100mph at 6200, Jim

HammerDown
    Nice job...thanks. True the Dominator gave the best mph at 98 mph @ 6200...but 96 mph @ 5900 rpm's with the Aggressor aint dog meat!
    Wonder where the mph would be if your engine went to 6200 with Agressors parts?

565edge
    Did you compare intake pressure readings?Is your intake tapped to see if you had enough water with the aggressor stuff?Sounds like you guys are having fun.Keep up the good work and be safe.Thanks for the results

Jungle Boy
    Great Info - You need to start river boat racing. Hours are spent on the river bank and launch doing that. The results are always interesting. Same day (hour if possible) is the only level playing field that equal. Good shit.
    Would be real cool if you could try out that new Eagle bowl. Most of the guys have seen 3-5 MPH over any previous set up.

DiverDown
    565edge posted..
    Did you compare intake pressure readings?Is your intake tapped to see if you had enough water with the aggressor stuff?Sounds like you guys are having fun.Keep up the good work and be safe.Thanks for the results
    No, we were not set up to take any readings today but we will be rectifying that situation tomorrow when my pump guy starts hooking up some sensors so that we can get some reading to learn from.
    Jim Brock posted..
    detail and sharpen the aggressor empeller and bowl, cut it to a A/B and it should run 100mph at 6200, Jim
    That is something we would like to do. Do you have any recommendations on who we should get to do the work on the Aggressor?? I don't know Greg Shoemaker or Don Bowers, they are the guys who worked the other impellers before we received them. Recommendations would be appreciated.

HotRod Sprint
    Originally posted by Jungle Boy
    Great Info - You need to start river boat racing. Hours are spent on the river bank and launch doing that. The results are always interesting. Same day (hour if possible) is the only level playing field that equal. Good shit.
    Would be real cool if you could try out that new Eagle bowl. Most of the guys have seen 3-5 MPH over any previous set up.
    Hey Jungle, I'm sure if Eagle would loan him one, he'd be glad to try it, and probably wouldn't give it back
    Diverdown, just wanted to say thanks for giving us all the info. I know you are doing some time consuming work for the results.
    Rod

Jet Hydro
    Originally posted by DiverDown
    That is something we would like to do. Do you have any recommendations on who we should get to do the work on the Aggressor?? I don't know Greg Shoemaker or Don Bowers, they are the guys who worked the other impellers before we received them. Recommendations would be appreciated.
    If I was going to have an Aggressor pump Race prepped, I would call on Duane from HI-Tech... Just My $0.02

DiverDown
    We only need to have the bowl and impeller worked. The pump is fresh.
    We are also considering installing an inducer.

Jet Hydro
    Originally posted by DiverDown
    We only need to have the bowl and impeller worked. The pump is fresh.
    We are also considering installing an inducer.
    Well, I still say the same thing being that those are the most important things in a pump.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast