Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CF numbers

dimarcobros
    I posted this on the ***boats section but there is more traffic over here. How long does it take to get the numbers painted on? Also how long after can you put the boat in teh water?
    Thanks.
    DMB

carbonmarine
    WhY ? Are you doing it on the Ramp ? .....
    Couple hours you 'll be fine....especially out in Havasu....
    Rick

dimarcobros
    I was thinking about trying to get it done on Saturday morning, but I don't want to wait half the day for it to dry. Then again I don't want to get pulled over for not having the numbers. We just got them this week.
    DMB

spectratoad
    Just keep the papers with you and smile real big if you get pulled over and make up a really cool story about the guy who was going to paint them on for you that morning had to take his wife to the hospital to have a baby and..........

SPECTRABRENT
    It took the guy about 25 minutes to paint. As for drying, I would think about 2 hours.
    Brent

dimarcobros
    Originally posted by spectratoad
    Just keep the papers with you and smile real big if you get pulled over and make up a really cool story about the guy who was going to paint them on for you that morning had to take his wife to the hospital to have a baby and..........
    I was thinking that as well but I don't want to give them any reason to pull me over. I think that is what I am going to do though being that it is Thursday and we are going out tomorrow. I might go get some cheesy stick on ones until I can paint the others on. What do you think?
    DMB

dimarcobros
    Originally posted by SPECTRABRENT
    It took the guy about 25 minutes to paint. As for drying, I would think about 2 hours.
    Brent
    Thanks,
    DMB

bear down
    Originally posted by dimarcobros
    I posted this on the ***boats section but there is more traffic over here. How long does it take to get the numbers painted on? Also how long after can you put the boat in teh water?
    Thanks.
    DMB
    Your first mistake was getting CF #'s, you should have registered it in AZ.
    Just have the guy paint them on in the channel chill for a couple of hours let it dry and boat on!!

phebus
    Have them painted on either the evening you get there or the next. That way they have over night to dry.

dimarcobros
    Originally posted by bear down
    Your first mistake was getting CF #'s, you should have registered it in AZ.
    Just have the guy paint them on in the channel chill for a couple of hours let it dry and boat on!!
    We did register it in AZ, my bad.
    DMB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast