Thread: Driveline Guards

FlatUgly
    While mocking up the drive line in my boat it seems that I have some miss matched components. Heres what I know I have a Glenwood bellhousing, a 5 1/4" long tube and a 5 5/8" short tube-coupler that matches the mount on my V drive what I cant figure out is how my guard/long tube is going to fit into my bellhousing(its much smaller) and doesnt appear to have anyway to mount, any ideas guys(pictures are great) thank you for all your help

Sangster
    If I'm understanding you right, you may be missing the "Hub" that bolts to the bellhousing....Here's a pic......
    http://www.***boat.net/hbcove/38/1/04.jpg

SANGER-RICH
    Sangster ya bringing this one to CFW this weekend

FlatUgly
    I think u might be right sangster but there are no bolt hole in my bell housing?just a small flange!its also very falt I will try to get a pic up soon of what I have

Sangster
    If we were going, Thats what we would be bringing....But, I dought we'll have time......

Sangster
    Originally posted by FlatUgly
    I think u might be right sangster but there are no bolt hole in my bell housing?just a small flange!its also very falt I will try to get a pic up soon of what I have
    FlatUgly....Order the Hub that fits your guard, set it on your bellhousing , drill & tap as needed......its an easy deal......

FlatUgly
    oh thats all there is too it cool thanks for the help

In the picture second from the bottom (http://www.rexmar.com/page310.html) there is a large ring that mounts to the bellhousing and secures that end of the tube. You generally have to drill the bellhousing for it. As there are many size tubes and many size bellhousings something standard may fit or you may need to build a custom piece.
    The rings I have fit a 5.5" od tube.