Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KEATON Jet Boats. Beautiful.

stashtrey
    Anyone on here have a Keaton?
    When I bought my Spectra I really wanted a Keaton but it was a bit too much money at the time. Hard to find Keaton boats but up here in Sacramento they pop up from time to time. I've never seen a nice one than this one that just came up for sale here... check it out.
    http://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/146123396.html

Squirtin Thunder
    Anyone on here have a Keaton?
    When I bought my Spectra I really wanted a Keaton but it was a bit too much money at the time. Hard to find Keaton boats but up here in Sacramento they pop up from time to time. I've never seen a nice one than this one that just came up for sale here... check it out.
    http://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/146123396.html
    Aren't they built right there in Sac, 50 and Sunrise ???

YeLLowBoaT
    no off folsom blvd between watt and powerinn/ howe( main streets that have exits off 50) its very clost to juliard. I use to live a couple blocks from them. They have been around forever. I have been in alot of thier boats. All of them rode very well, they are on the heavy side.( which is probly why they rode well)
    If you want to get techincal they are in "college greens"....

Squirtin Thunder
    no off folsom blvd between watt and powerinn/ howe( main streets that have exits off 50) its very clost to juliard. I use to live a couple blocks from them. They have been around forever. I have been in alot of thier boats. All of them rode very well, they are on the heavy side.( which is probly why they rode well)
    If you want to get techincal they are in "college greens"....
    Don't they have a showroom out over by Trick racing fuels, on that frountage road ???
    I have been away from that area for about 12 years so things might have changed.

YeLLowBoaT
    Not that I can remember...
    last I heard they closed down part of thier shop. I would love to own one of thier direct drive crusiers....A very good friend of mine owns the 3rd boat they built with a untouched chylser ( has side drafters on it... you want to talke about pita to tune) Its on its 3rd trailer and many intierors, but there is not a stress crack anywhere on it.

I would love to own one of thier direct drive crusiers....
    yellowboat, I watch craigs list like a hawk too and I see them up in the bay area 4 or 5 times a year. I like their early, direct drive ski boats. Classic good lookin hull. I've only ever seen one up close and that was up in Tahoe. The guy loved it and it looked to be tough as nails.
    Last week or the week before there was a guy selling a early 70's direct drive Keaton on craigs list and another guy the following week was looking for one. I wonder if they ever hooked up.
    I'd love to get a emblem for our son. We named him Keaton, but not after the boats...

Heatseeker
    A buddy of mine picked up a Keaton jet in Redding last year. The 455 was missing a carb and the interior was shot but otherwise wasn't in bad shape. He picked it up for $750!
    It's going to make a nice cruiser. It's certainly a sturdy boat.

stashtrey
    They are still on Folsom Blvd between Howe and Watt. They don't really build the boats any more. I think they might build one for you if you special order.....
    I stopped in there one time probably 5 years ago when I was looking to buy my first boat. I got to talk to Jack Keaton and they had one boat in their shop that they were building for someone. They do a lot of restoration on older boats as well as fiberglass repair etc. They now go by Classic Craft. There was some division and I think someone took over for them. Not sure.
    I grew up going out with a family that had a Keaton back in the early/mid 80's.... sweet boats. I never forgot how much I liked them. I see them around Sacramento here and there. A guy just down the street had one for sale a while back but it was out of my range. I'm pretty sure my next boat will be a Keaton. There is just something about the look of the hull and the details that I really like. Maybe I could convince someone to trade for my Spectra? :rollside:

YeLLowBoaT
    I see then from time to time... I just can't afford it.... they are 30 years old and they still want 10k for them... or more. Still one of the best riding boats I have ever been in. Regruadlist of size... I am pretty sure I can get you a emblem if you really want it.... saw about 10 of them at the wrecking yard....

I see then from time to time... I just can't afford it.... they are 30 years old and they still want 10k for them... or more. Still one of the best riding boats I have ever been in. Regruadlist of size... I am pretty sure I can get you a emblem if you really want it.... saw about 10 of them at the wrecking yard....
    Well, can I twist your arm to grab an emblem or two for me the next time you're at that wrecking yard?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast