Thread: Screw compressor

Unchained
    For those who thought they needed a larger blower here's one.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ssor_2-med.jpg
    1300 cfm at 150 psi at 1800 rpm
    Powered by a 460 hp cummins diesel
    I have a job in my shop where we're relocating the compressor to a new semi trailer.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...C_Shop-med.jpg

MikeF
    1300 per Minute or Second?

Unchained
    The chart said CFM but it's putting that out at 150 psi.
    It just shows the capabilities of a screw compressor.
    That unit also has a large aluminum heat exchanger with an air motor driven fan. Unique.
    I've noticed that most shops we go to have screw type air compressors now rather than piston types.
    Their so quiet you can hardly hear them run.

DEL51
    What are they using that thing for? We have a tanker type truck at work with a big blower on it. It is called the Super Sucker.It attaches to a header and has multiple outlets throughout the plant. I have seen it suck out 4 inch diameter steel balls from the drums of coal pulverizers.One 55 gallon barrel of these balls weighs 2000 lbs.

sam t
    we have 3 compressors similar to that one 900 cfm/ 125psi, and one 750 cfm/ 250 psi and then a litltle 600/125, we use them for drilling water wells, when the formation is hard enough and you don't have to use mud you use air. works great for areas where you are trying to find water.

Unchained
    Del51,
    That compressor is from a commercial sandblasting company.
    There's two compressors on that trailer, One is smaller. They have the capability to hook up 4 blasters at a time.
    The customer blasts and paints water towers, inside and out.
    What's amazing is that they're compressing that much air at only 1800 rpm.
    I can't tell from looking at it if there's any gearing to overspeed the compressor above the engine RPM.
    He said that big compressor cost him $100k

cal perf 19
    Yo,
    How bout a CTI Cryogenic's vacuum pump? Pumps down to the atmosphere of the moon! Also keeps the intake charge cool! About - 65C
    LOL BK

FOURQ
    just to let you guys know that the lower the psi the more the acfm these units produce..this unit will produse around 2200 acfm at 100 psi discharge pressure....and they do have a gear drive in the airend housing were it connect to the engine or motor it is normally an overdrive. I work on these all day long and have seen systems that produce 30,000 acfm {cubic feet per min.}