Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help with transporting new hot boat

machjim
    I just purchased a 1982 Sanger hydro off of ebay and it is located in Battlegroung Washington..I live in Southeast Michigan..Does anyone have a few suggestions on how to get this boat to me at a fair price..I will have to go get it if all else fails but I am sure not looking forward to the 5000 mile round trip..All help from you guys will be greatly appreciated..Thanks..By the way the boat has a fresh 468 roller motor and a new Lenco..I paid 5 grand for the boat, motor and trailer..

al cole'holic
    ..put it back up on ebay for 6k.

MagicMtnDan
    Fly there, rent a UHaul pickup and tow it back.

machjim
    thanks alcoleholic but if I need to hear from an A**HOLE I would fart...

fourspeednup
    Originally posted by machjim
    thanks alcoleholic but if I need to hear from an A**HOLE I would fart...
    HAHA---I like that one

RJ Nordic
    What a tough crowd.
    Fly, eat & drink, sleep, then rent.
    OR recycle it back through e-bay.:frown:
    I really hate to ask, but didn't you think about this prior to bidding

UltraLucky
    I went through this a couple of years back I had to get a 21' boat from PA. to So. Calif. Was going to fly back & rent a truck. After I added up cost, $600 rental $200 airfare gas $550 @ $2gal @ 10mi. gal for 2500mi. & thats if go by yourself & dont stop to eat or sleep. I used Marine Express the boat arrived in perfect shape on a car carrier with no miles on the boat trailer. If you go that route see if you can find some to shrink wrap it before sending it.
    Marine Express Phone # 1(888) 262-8562 .
    Good Luck

fourspeednup
    Originally posted by UltraLucky
    I went through this a couple of years back I had to get a 21' boat from PA. to So. Calif. Was going to fly back & rent a truck. After I added up cost, $600 rental $200 airfare gas $550 @ $2gal @ 10mi. gal for 2500mi. & thats if go by yourself & dont stop to eat or sleep. I used Marine Express the boat arrived in perfect shape on a car carrier with no miles on the boat trailer. If you go that route see if you can find some to shrink wrap it before sending it.
    Marine Express Phone # 1(888) 262-8562 .
    Good Luck
    You beat me to it...that's what I'd do since you don't know the condition of the trailer. Even if he said it was just serviced

MagicMtnDan
    You could always buy a pickup truck on Ebay too. That would solve your problem and you could fly there and drive 'em both back

machjim
    thanks for the post and i will try the marine carrier..The cost did not matter at the time of bidding as I have been looking for a Sanger vdrive for some time now..Easy to find on the west coast but rare in the Midwest..Thanks again..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast