Thread: Hull needs plenty of help

68 Schuster
    Removed and rebuilt bad 455. Decided to remove seats and check out the floor. Soft in a few areas. Likely floor replacement due and needs paint or gel. Looks like it was painted over metal flake. Classic hull -- 19 feet, semi V with the rounded tail -- and I hate to junk it. It gave me a few really fun years of use. Does anyone know of a good hull shop in the LA or Orange County area... or somewhere within a reasonable distance?

Havasu Hangin'
    Quality Boat Repair in Riverside.(909)681-8247...ask for Isreal.
    You'll save some money if you strip it yourself.

disco_charger
    Toddnjuzz on these boards. He's doing my boat now, and loves classics. He does great work, is very concerned about doing it right, and really wants to make you happy. Call Todd @ TRG Fiberglass and Gelcoat repair. 626-839-8846. You won't be sorry you used him...

check out orange county boat repair. Talk to Sal. Best in the biz along with Kenny at BK boat repair in Bellflower. Sals # 714 827 6247. Kennys is 562 925 7111.
    Sal's an old employee of Schusters, not from '68, but later when we were all at Hawaiian.
    Kenny's been in the biz at least 40 years. Did all Rogers caps as well as tooling on some of his plugs.

superdave013
    Originally posted by disco_charger
    Toddnjuzz on these boards. He's doing my boat now, and loves classics. He does great work, is very concerned about doing it right, and really wants to make you happy. Call Todd @ TRG Fiberglass and Gelcoat repair. 626-839-8846. You won't be sorry you used him...
    Yup, I know the others do nice work too but Todd's sure been kicking out some nice stuff.

68 Schuster
    Thanks for the recommendations. Spoke to "Sal" on the phone and I think I will take it down there soon and have them check it out.