Thread: Beware...PayPal Scam

Outnumbered
    Got an e-mail today saying my PayPal account had been hacked and click this link to fix etc. Looked legit but I was suspicious so I closed it out and loged on to my account via PayPal.com and found that all was OK. PayPal had a warning on their site regarding the scam. Just giving a heads-up.
    OL

repo man
    hey thanx .

I get these almost daily in my email.... Paypal, Ebay, etc. Lately I've been getting "question to seller" messages from what appear to be ebay that are bogus. I'm not even running any auctions currently to get questions on. These scammers will use any method possible to trick you into opening their shiznit and infecting your machine.
    Those and the letters pleading for help from the poor Nigerian exiles.... cracks me up.
    Firewall and current virus defs are a must. So is common sense in not opening strange email.

manuel
    I like the ones where half the words are spelled wrong, the ones that claim to be from ebay I forward to: spoof@ebay.com
    same with PayPal: spoof@paypal.com
    They go after them and shut them down but they pop up again just as fast, most of them are coming from countries that they can't even file charges against.

Outnumbered
    Originally posted by Rexone
    I get these almost daily in my email.... Paypal, Ebay, etc. Lately I've been getting "question to seller" messages from what appear to be ebay that are bogus. I'm not even running any auctions currently to get questions on. These scammers will use any method possible to trick you into opening their shiznit and infecting your machine.
    Those and the letters pleading for help from the poor Nigerian exiles.... cracks me up.
    Firewall and current virus defs are a must. So is common sense in not opening strange email.
    Ya I get those too but this was a little different twist with a LINK instead of an attachment. Just thought I would pass it on.
    OL

Tom Brown
    I try to pick up enough worms that one will autorespond to those messages for me.