Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Fraud

INEEDAV
    I wanted to fill you guys in on a scam a guy tried to get me on. I was bidding on a Enderle stack injection setup a week ago. Well I wound up being out bid on it. The next day I recieved an email from "racing*stuff" wanting to sell the injection system to me because the high bidder bid more than he was able to pay for the unit. Sounds good, checked out racing*stuff feedback, looked good. I called the number the guy had listed, answering service (first hint I might be taking it in the shorts). Emailed the guy a couple times, nothing. Finally I went back to the original item and emailed the seller from there. Well, low and behold the guy has no idea what I am talking about. More checking and find that the real racing*stuff id belongs to Louis Reese. The name on the emai I got from the scammer was Jeffery Lehman. I have found out from rushpost.com that the account is registered to someone in Australia. And since I have ridiculous amounts of free time at work so I am going to pursue the a$$.
    Here is the email I got from the guy trying to sell me the thing off Ebay.
    To member: ineedav
    From member: racing*stuff
    --------------------
    Hello,
    You were bidding on my "BB CHEVY ENDERLE STACK INJECTOR \INJECTION" auction.
    The high bidder couldn't afford to pay and said he "went higher than he wanted
    to".
    I choose to offer it to you in case you still want it, rather than relist.
    I'd like to receive the payment by Western Union. If you're interested just e-mail
    me back.
    Thanks for the bid and I look forward to hearing from you soon!
    Sincerely yours,
    Jeffery Lehman
    phone/fax: 1-773-409-2102
    --------------------
    This email was sent by an eBay member via eBay's email forwarding system.
    If you reply to the email, your response will go directly to the member and not
    through eBay.
    Just wanted to let you guys in on this, incase one of you comes across the same name or a similar deal.
    As a note, the seller on Ebay racing*stuff seems to be a good guy.
    Billy

superdave013
    Good deal that you caught on. Please report him o e bay too. I hope you hang that maggot

INEEDAV
    I have reported him to ebay as well. They have not gotten back to me yet. I have forwarded what I have to the police here locally and they are contacting the Austrailian federal police. I will keep you guys updated.

HavasuDreamin'
    FYI ... 773 is a north chicago area code.

INEEDAV
    Rushpost.com has the IP using that email address coming from Australia.

HavasuDreamin'
    Then the dude obviously gave you the wrong phone number. Sounds to me like someone is trying to scam some money using someone elses name.

INEEDAV
    Sounds like it huh. I have found several Lehmans in the area, but can not get any info on the number yet as to whos it is. The number goes straight to an answering machine/fax machine.

CircleJerk
    Thanks, that's a bummer.

flattie
    Someone tried to do that with a motorcyle on cycletrader.com to me also
    Never send money western union with no info

Cole Sanger
    I had a friend just go through something similar. He bid on a boat, but got out bid. A couple days later he got an e-mail from some lady saying the buyer couldn't come up with the funds. Sounds similar. He ended up passing also due to the strange dealings he had.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast