Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BDS fuel pressure regulator

Craig
    Anyone use the return style fuel presure regulator Blower Drive Service makes? It's a log style regulator. I'm converting over to a return system and was looking for a good regulator.
    Craig

Blown 472
    I have the moroso on my car and built one using hilborn parts for my boat, they both work great. The moroso is a nice part and only takes a couple min to change the fuel pressure.

Craig
    I was wondering about that one as well, this one right? It's about half of the cost of the BDS.

Blown 472
    Yup, I have had it on my car for three years and works fine.

Craig
    You don't have a picture of how you mounted it do you?
    Craig

Blown 472
    Craig:
    You don't have a picture of how you mounted it do you?
    Craig Nope, I have a hard line running to the infeed which I have an adell clamp around the hard line. Thats about it.

Infomaniac
    The Barry Grant bypass is a good one.
    The Hilborn bypass works good also.
    Whenever possible install the bypass after the carbs. Make sure nothing is in the way of fuel delivery.
    Return to the tank if possible. I have returned to the pump inlet successfully as well as to a "T" between tanks.
    Here is a top view. The fittings to the left go to to the bypass. A mechanical pump is more than enough when plumbed properly. The Clay Smith pump is good to about 1,400 HP
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/504/211Fuel_Lines-med.jpg[/img]
    [ September 23, 2003, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

Craig
    Hey Info, which Barry Grant regulator, the diaphragm bypass? #171021 that looks sort of like a Holley regulator? Or their log style?
    Craig

Infomaniac
    Yep the diaphragm bypass that looks like a Holley regulator. It looks like one but it has major modifications to work as a bypass.
    It is my favorite one.
    I do not use the one with an idle jet.

Craig
    That's good to hear! I was looking at that one and it's also reasonably priced. I haven't bought the return lines yet, so I can go with the -10 they recommend as well! Closer, closer, the boat will be running soon......
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/140almost.jpg[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast