Thread: Latest Project!!

TIMINATOR
    I bought and am installing a Cadillac Northstar aluminum V-8 into my Track-T roadster. I am setting it up with a Fast technology computer and I have a lightly used Latham axial flow blower that I am fabbing a manifold for. In place of the 1 bbl sidedraft Latham carbs, I'm making adaptors to fit a pair of sidedraft Webers. They will be used as throttlebodies only and will be run "dry". Gonna hide the injectors too! Am also in the midst of converting a "calliophe stack" Crower to EFI for the BBC in the 22 Daytona. 'bout finished with that deal. We make all of our own injector bungs, fuel rails, manifolds,etc. Anybody else fabbin anything? TIMINATOR Too many projects, too litle time.....

TIMINATOR
    Is no-one else building anything? It doesn't have to be high zoot, but if it is important to you, it will interest someone.... TIMINATOR

nautibouy70
    I'm building a bbc. It started out as a 396, now its a 409, I've been running the motor for over 30+ years and have added lots of goodies since. Most recent is the 409 pistons. The last time it was rebuilt it was a 402 and it was estimated by comp cams at 500hp. I was running a 40lb flywheel, now its a 4lb flex plate. cant wait to try it out!

TIMINATOR
    You can often bore those older blocks to 427/454 standard! We have done many of them, then you have a 427, or install a 454 crank! New old stock Std. forged pistons for either motor can often be had cheap, as few peeps have done this. For the 454 crank, you will have to do some relief grinding, but its not bad. TIMINATOR

bigkatboat
    Tim, can the Latham blower be run 'dry'? Or are you injecting at the throttle plates? I'm starting to put some parts on the shelf for a turbo BB boat motor. 'Mild deal', 2 X T60's, 2" waste gates, all iron 454, 2000 CFM throttle body, 8 X 68# injectors with 4 X 68# staged to boost. Fabing up the stainless headers, intake plumbing and intercooler. Have a HalTech, may try a FAST or my favorite, Electromotive. Unless there is something 'new and better' (easy tuning is better!) Too busy making cavitation and boat rigging hardware for customers, to stop and mock things up. I'll let you know when I actually start.

TIMINATOR
    They were designed to be run wet, but since they have sealed bearings, and nothing touches anything else inside, I'm gonna run it dry. Please post on your project, the lurkers care, some have called and said they just don't need the drama they percieve from posting. TIMINATOR