Thread: Dustin Whipple,Infomanic and others,procharger Q

HEAVYBOAT
    What do you make of prochargers claim on their 427ci 1300hp 24psi pump gas Nova? Is this a guy just another guy who pours c16 into her and then simply "says" its pump gas or is this actually reliably possible? Maybe he owns JE pistons and just changes them like we do our underwear?
    http://www.procharger.com/chevy_nova.shtml

Unchained
    That's pretty impressive, especially using carbs and not very big ones either.
    I can't figure out how they get those carbs to work with 24# boost blowing through.
    The previous Procharger setups I've seen were all low boost and seemed like an expensive toy.
    How do those extremely overdriven geardrives hold up?

Whipple Charged
    I highly doubt it, even with 6.5:1 compression, you would still end up with an effective compression ratio of 17:1, pretty hard to do on pump gas, especially under a heavy load.
    It would be especially difficult with an air-to-air intercooler, off the line, the air charge temp would rise instantly until the vehicle got enough air flow through the heat exchanger to effictively drop the temp. Could be possible with an air to water cooler, dry ice setup where discharge temps get far below ambient.
    Thanks,
    Dustin

Fastnuf
    Hot Rod magazine sez ProCharger is finishing up on a 2000 HP "pump gas" motor. This should be interesting!

HP350SC
    It is possible using the WAC dyno, you know Wild Ass Claims

Infomaniac
    Super Chevy Magazine - Pro Charger project. Interesting.
    I was wondering 6.5:1 or not. Dustin answered that one. 7,800 RPM's will help with HP numbers.
    No computer - my vote is B.S.

HighRoller
    Unless they dynoed it at Westech....Pass the popcorn!

cal perf 19
    Hate to say it but it isn't the first time people say this. Vortec vs. Procharger in court. Blah Blah Blah. And i have 22:1 compression and run 87 octane. I was the racing product Mgr. for Paxton 99-01 and if it isn't Jr.Grannettelli telling you that he was the first one to the moon it would be Ken Jones. Quit beleiving magazines and you will be OK. Everyone in this Industry that knows anything will tell you 24# blow thru carb is dicey at best. If you ask Ken Duttweiler to do it he would laugh. I can make you lose 100# in one day Just send the check for 1000.00 per day me MR magazine advertizer.
    Wake up Public! BK