Thread: Stereo Help

bk2006
    Im looking to replace my old system with some better quality speakers, subwoofer, and amp. I already have an alpine head unit. It seems like everyone uses car audio equipment for their boat??
    I was looking to get these speakers: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ALPIN...5QQitemZ459991 5273QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
    Sub: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BAZOO...444QQitemZ4625 277779QQrdZ1
    and i havent decided on an amp yet....
    could anyone make some suggestions as to what would be my best options???...im looking for decent equpitment...nothing crazy.
    Thanks

Get415
    HOw big is the boat and what are you trying to accomplish. Marine equip is fine but i use car audio equipment and it holds up just fine. You shouldn't need marine unless your splashin water all over the place.

bk2006
    Its for a 23 foot deck boat...im just looking to upgrade to a decent system...i go tubing and swimming regularly and the boat does get wet...plus theres a chance of getting caught in the rain....thats why i was thinking marine equpt. would be a better choice. Do you have any reccomendations for decent speakers, amp, and sub ? Im looking for a tube sub because i dont want to drill anymore holes.

NOTALENT
    I would not get any sort of a bazooka tube for a boat...let alone a car. You have to rememeber a boat is open so it wont trap in the sound. A bazooka not working well as it stands will be even worse in a boat application.
    I would go with some 10 or 12 inch subs. If you dont want to cut holes you can always use truck style boxes and secure them somewhere.
    As for the 6 1/2 with the extra money your paying for marine style...go buy some regular MB Quarts, Diamond, Rockford or something of better quality.