Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To Teflon, or not to Teflon........

Dimarco Kid
    Go fast lake hydro, occassional drags, maybe 10 hours a year of use. Teflon blower? Non-teflon blower? I got a 6-71 non-t blower now, looking at an 8-71 t'd. Should I? Can I get away with a teflon blower for a year and re-strip it every winter? Thanks
    D Kid

SOUTHWIND377
    I have a teflon stripped blower and I run it all summer and get it retefloned in the winter. If during the summer you are running the same drive ratio and you notice the boost fall off considerably then you might want to check it out, but I run mine all summer and then some.

Dimarco Kid
    Do you notice any boost loss through out the summer? I would plan to restrip it every winter, and obviously when ever it needed it. Just wanted to see how long I can get with consistant boost. Thanks alot.
    D Kid

SOUTHWIND377
    D Kid, I haven't noticed a difference I had mine done last winter and I still haven't noticed a difference. I would have to say you could probably get by with two summers depending on how much you run your boat.
    Dustin

puder
    i have a b&m 174 and it is goign on a 454 can i re-teflon it myself or doe sit have to be sent back to holley or some other rebiulder to replace the teflon?

Dimarco Kid
    I'm obviously no expert, but do they build a B&M 174 with teflon stripped rotors? I guess I didn't realize they did.
    D Kid

SOUTHWIND377
    I have never heard of a 174 being tefloned but there is always a first.

Infomaniac
    Some B&M's were stripped. They use Teflex rather than teflon. Wears much better. A lot of 6-71 & 8-17 use teflex also on the non competition blowers. Littlefield etc. The main reason for it's use was purely for marketing purposes. The average users were wanting their blowers stripped. You will notice they do not wear out like it would if it was Teflon.
    As recommended, let the boost guage and visual inspection determine when to have it replaced.

nitro557
    call littlefield and get a stripped blower from him,are you ready for the injection system yet?give me a call when you get a chance

Dimarco Kid
    Nitro,
    I'm going with a teflon 8-71 competition Littlefield. That way all i have to do is change the blower itself. Can still use standard dist./intake/etc.....
    Tell Bomber he ought to have the 6-71!
    D Kid

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast