Thread: Driveline

HawaiianBoat
    I installed a new driveline onto and my engine and am ready to install the engine back into my boat. I have heard that on the end of my driveline that is splined and slips over the pumpshaft should be greased before I slip it on. What type of grease should I use? I have a 360AMC with a Panther Jet.
    Thanks

sidewound
    UUUUUUUUUH!
    Like just use the greasy kind dude. I use a Mobil hi temp for everything. It's red. That's just cause I got a free case a couple years ago!
    I'd think any old wheel bearing grease would do tho if that's what ya got.. Just some lube.
    Maybe some neversnieze too. Hell live it up!
    I'm pretty sure someone will answer this reply with a wonder lube that will net you 5 more hp and 2 miles an hour.
    That's the only reason I replied.
    C'mon fasties.
    What's the speed lube? hee hee hee
    Peace Man!
    CESAR

1Bahnerjet
    What's the speed lube?
    K-Y jelly is the Best for your Shaft, guaranteed to get you there 50% Faster, if your Girlfriend is handy with her Hands she can help you with your "Project" (Finally a Tech Subject I know something about )

460rogers
    I use the Mobile one also but any good wheel bearing grease should work.Just recieved a free case of mystic grease will be using this when Mobile one plays out.

HotHallet
    Just got my pump re-done by Jack at MPD and he said no dice on the wheel bearing grease!

460rogers
    OK HOT HALLET
    What did he say to use then????

Chris J
    At my old job we had a ball screw on an X-Y table we over drove 100% of what the manufactor recommended and it would break down the greese into a black tar in about a week. We tried every greese we could find. It wasn't until we tried Mobile One (the red stuff) that we found a greese that wouldn't break down. We switched everthing that wasn't EP grease over to Mobil 1 and I've been using it ever since.
    Don't know that it ran faster, might have used less current though. Anyhow thats my "wonder lube" story.