Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE * A Team Fight For Faith*

rvrtoy
    Hot boat...would you please place this as a sticky for a while? Thank you.
    A fellow ***boater sure could use every bodies help in this situation.
    As most of you have been aware on November 18th of last year my wife and I were blessed with a beautiful new baby girl. "Faith Nicole" A few days after her arrival we learned that Faith was in need of surgery. After what seemed like an eternity Faith was finally allowed to come home nearly 2 weeks later. On December 3rd we learned that Faith was born with a genetic disease calle Cystic Fibrosis (CF). This condition is what caused her initial problems that required surgery.
    CF is a life shorteningdisease that affects approximately 30,000 children and adults in the United States today. There are about 2500 children born every year with CF.
    In doing research about CF my wife came across a great organization called the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF). This organization is the industry leader in research for CF, and the search for a cure. Faith is currently a patient at one of thier clinics located at Childrens Hospital here in San Diego that is funded by the CFF. If it wasn't for them, we may not have our little girl today. Her doctors have told us that if Faith had been born 25 years ago, she may not have lived to see her teen years. But today, through the inovative research being conducted by the dedicated doctors and scientists at the CFF, the medianlife expectancy has increased to a record 32 years. This is all wonderful news however, as a father it is not good enough for me.
    My wife and I have made it our personal mission to help fund this research. Quite simply, the more money we raise, the sooner we can expect a cure for this disease. Innovative research is very costly, yet crutial, if we are going to save the lives of those who are affected by this disease.
    The only thing that stands in the way of finding a cure for this disease is additional funds to support CF research. On May 15th my members of my family are going to take part in GREAT STRIDES: Taking steps to cure Cystic Fibrosis. This is our way of helping fight for Faith and her battle with CF. I am asking you to help fund our efforts and the research that is so critical to help save the lives of my daughter, and so many others that suffer from CF by sponsering us in this walk for a cure.
    I am posting this letter here because of all the wonderful support you gave and continue to give my family in our times of need as well as the good times. I am asking everyone who reads this to consider making a fully tax deductable donation to make CF stand for Cure Foundation. My goal is to raise $25,000.00 by May 13th 2004. I know the power of a lot of people doing a little bit!! No donation is too small. Over 90% of every dollar donated to the CFF goes directly to research. Your dollar will go where it is needed most.
    Thank you all for being a part of my life, for supporting me and my family throught these difficult few months with your prayers and good wishes. I am trustin that God wiil be glorified throught the CFF in finding a cure that heals my little girl.
    Blessing to you and your family.
    Steve and Anja Khoma
    the rvrtoy family
    __________________________________________________ __
    Your information
    First Name
    Last Name
    mailing address
    city
    state
    phone #
    amount of donation $
    method of payment
    You can send your donations to:
    9850 Settle Ct
    Santee, CA 92071
    c/o Fight for Faith
    make checks payable to: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation

Outnumbered
    Count me in Steve. I will shoot ya a $100.
    Hope all is well with little Faith.
    John
    AKA OL

summerlove
    I'm in for $200. $100 from me and $100 from my wife's company's corporate match program. I'll pm you for more info.

Outnumbered
    Originally posted by summerlove
    I'm in for $200. $100 from me and $100 from my wife's company's corporate match program. I'll pm you for more info.
    See Summerlove, even us conservative folks have a little compassion.
    Very cool of you to step it up a notch. I'm sure we can pull together and hit the $25k.
    OL

summerlove
    Originally posted by Old Lavey
    See Summerlove, even us conservative folks have a little compassion.
    Very cool of you to step it up a notch. I'm sure we can pull together and hit the $25k.
    OL
    I have never doubted the compassion of boaters. We are a breed unlike any other, and when the call to action is made - we are there to support and help a fellow boater out. Especially when it is for a child!!!
    Now, Old Lavey - I think a challenge is in order! I think the members of this board can and will step it up! Let's all try and raise a combined total of $10K. With that - I'll increase my contribution from $200 overall to $300!
    Can ***boat match whatever the members of this board raise? Come on HB - step it up!!!!
    One more thing - the CFF is a 501(c)3 corporation so any contribution is fully tax deductible.

rvrtoy
    Thanks Summer and OL!
    Summer, i faxed you over the information you requested.
    Steve

Outnumbered
    Originally posted by summerlove
    I have never doubted the compassion of boaters. We are a breed unlike any other, and when the call to action is made - we are there to support and help a fellow boater out. Especially when it is for a child!!!
    Now, Old Lavey - I think a challenge is in order! I think the members of this board can and will step it up! Let's all try and raise a combined total of $10K. With that - I'll increase my contribution from $200 overall to $300!
    Can ***boat match whatever the members of this board raise? Come on HB - step it up!!!!
    One more thing - the CFF is a 501(c)3 corporation so any contribution is fully tax deductible.
    Summer, you know I was just kidding. I hope to see this thread grow large. Lets see some more donations for the kids.
    OL

Jungle Boy
    Good luck with your efforts. That's a great thing you are doing. Happy to hear that you guys are all doing good.

THOR
    Steve,
    Those dimples are priceless. I am in. I am getting a check as we speak.
    take care brother.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast