Thread: Rexone, have a question about your pressure bypass valve

79TahitiCBB
    Rex,
    I have a 79 tahiti with a mild 454 with panther tt logs and a berkeley jc pump.
    I bought a pressure bypass valve from you last week, the SC100 (it is a bronze 90degree valve with a single inlet and single outlet. And I was looking at it today and I have a question. The way it was explained to me over the phone was that I should install the valve between the pump and the t to the logs. The valve would regulate the pressure to the engine by setting the screw on top and then the excess water would be pumped through another hose to through the water dump in the transom that I bought from you too. The thing is how can this happen if there is only 1 output shouldn't there be 2, one for the dump and one to the t.
    Am I just way off or did I possible get the wrong valve. I didn't have a specific part when I ordered. I just talked to one of the sales people and told them what I was running and he told me to get a bypass valve with a dump and that was that.
    Mike

79TahitiCBB
    Rio that is similar to the valve that I have. But wouldn't the higher pressure water still go into the engine than instead of up through the t into the valve? How has this setup worked for you?
    Thanks
    Mike

Nubbs
    You probably got a pressure relief valve. The valve will only open when pressure exceeds the set amount. Install a tee after the pump and before the logs. Run the bottom of the valve to the tee. Run the outlet of the valve to the dump. Set the valve to your desired pressure. Whenever the water pressure exceeds your set value, the valve will open and water will run through the valve and out the dump. When pressure is below your set value, no water will flow through the valve. Hope that helps.
    Nubbs

Sorry just saw this. Nubbs and others are correct. It should be installed in a tee in the main intake line and water through the valve should dump overboard.