Thread: Bassett Mufflers

FUN4ME
    Does anyone have any experience with BassettÂ’s new mufflers?
    How do they affect performance? Are they quiet enough to be legal next year?
    Or does anyone have any other recommendations for mufflers for O/T exhaust?
    I currently have BassettÂ’s hi performance mufflers but I want to be within legal limits.
    Thanks in advance Erich

FOMOCO76
    I have a set in mine I believe are the new style . about 8 in. long still a baffle just longer than the hi perf style . with the basset T -valve I dont think I could pass a uscg test i.e. 39 inches of transom at idle under 88db . I 'm pretty sure thats the test for new boats not sure if thats the test they would use on an older boat . any how my boats pretty loud at idle , never had any problems where I boat but I'm also curious if there is any way to quiet the exhaust if I ever get tested .good luck, Jarrod

GottaJet
    Do a search on this subject there are alot of good threads. GJ

monkey rage frank
    I posted a thread earlier about this sub. I called Paul Bassett (whom is a very nice guy) and he said that the baffle style will be more quiet,but might cut some horses. The high performance style which is more the luvered style will not cut horses but will not pass the meter. I vote for the hp style on mine,still loud but youve got somthing! I was in havasu this weekend lots of loud boats and no hassles, cool.

moneysucker
    I run the HP baffles, Except they are gutted at the lake and I run dry headers, At the river I run No baffles. No hassles yet. I will pay the ticket when I get it and may or may not change what I do. Depends on the price of the ticket. I heard that those are going up also.
    Cy